TI vs. Ndless
03-05-2020, 06:09 PM
TI vs. Ndless
Has TI finally stumped the good folks who developed Ndless? Ndless is software that sort of jailbreaks the TI Nspire series and allows third party software (such as MicroPython) to run. Every time Ndless comes up with a hack that allows it to run on the Nspire, TI changes the OS to block it. Up until now, it's only been a few weeks between the introduction of a new OS and the Ndless response. The new 5.x OS versions, however, seem to be a stumbling block for the Ndless team. They seem to be stuck at OS 4.5. This is a great shame since the Nspire II won't run an OS earlier than 5.0 and the latest update to the original Nspire won't run Ndless either. I know that the people who develop Ndless are very bright and clever but it looks like TI has finally beaten them. I'd love to be proven wrong, though!

This is a sad time for Nspire users.

http://ndless.me/#features

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: TI vs. Ndless
Hello!

(03-05-2020 06:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  This is a sad time for Nspire users.

Don't forget that the vast majority of Nspire users are students at school, college and university. In order for them to be able to use these devices in class and in exams they must be tamper proof. Otherwise it's back to pen and paper (and maybe slide rule) for math classes in the future. Is it that what you want?

Regards
Max
03-06-2020, 03:46 AM
(03-05-2020 06:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  allows third party software (such as MicroPython) to run.
http://ndless.me/#features

The creator of the "monic" calculator is adding a C editor and translator and has indicated that other languages will be added over time (I see python in the list) but you may have to wait quite a while Smile

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end.
03-06-2020, 02:08 PM
(03-05-2020 06:20 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

(03-05-2020 06:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  This is a sad time for Nspire users.

Don't forget that the vast majority of Nspire users are students at school, college and university. In order for them to be able to use these devices in class and in exams they must be tamper proof. Otherwise it's back to pen and paper (and maybe slide rule) for math classes in the future. Is it that what you want?

Regards
Max

Ndless doesn't affect exam mode so you can load it and still have the calculator be qualified to be used in class. I'm not exactly sure exactly to call Ndless so I compared it to a jailbreak. The comparison was rough at best.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)