WP34S printing functions
05-05-2020, 08:49 AM
WP34S printing functions
I am testing the modified HP IR Red Eye receiver connected to a PC for printer emulation, and this works great with the DM41X. Now looking to do some more testing with the WP34S, does someone have any programs which makes (heavy) use of the IR printer? Best to have some graphics

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: WP34S printing functions
Program lines with any of the special characters the 34S has are printed as graphics. The constants menu items and quite a few functions use them.

Enter a long program and print it.

Pauli
05-05-2020, 02:16 PM
And now things get interesting ...

Set DLAY to zero. Obviously the nearest long program to print is the library, right? So when attempting to print the library, it comes up with a message "reset" after printing 30-40 lines succesfully (using IR and the printer emulator).
Next test with DLAY set to 01 (what is the default BTW?): works fine with IR, printed all 1500+ lines pretty quickly. So DLAY should no tbe set to zero I guess?

The WP34S emulator prints the complete library (1509 lines, printer emulator over UDP) without issues, even with DLAY set to zero.

And what a great piece of software the printer emulator is, thanks to Christoph Giesselink

Regards, Meindert
05-05-2020, 08:30 PM
I happened to try that exact thing this morning (delay = 0) and had the same issue, "RESET". Perhaps that value may wind up as a divisor somewhere in the code?
05-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Does the reset happen when running on batteries or from an external supply?
My experience is that most resets are due to battery voltage and setting the delay to zero will place additional load on the battery.

Pauli
05-06-2020, 07:34 AM
(05-05-2020 10:30 PM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Does the reset happen when running on batteries or from an external supply?
My experience is that most resets are due to battery voltage and setting the delay to zero will place additional load on the battery.

Pauli

It was certainly running on batteries, will test this evening with an external supply

Regards, Meindert
05-06-2020, 02:41 PM
(05-06-2020 07:34 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  It was certainly running on batteries, will test this evening with an external supply

On battery here as well (new from the package).
05-06-2020, 05:35 PM
With an external supply (at 3.38V connected to the battery terminals) still the same result, printing a program from the library (in program mode, showing LBL'EI2') while DLAY is set to zero. There is no voltage drop, and current is under 10 mA (my little supply is not capabale of measuring less).

Regards, Meindert
05-08-2020, 01:05 AM
Hmmm, I've no idea.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)