HP Sales believes the HP Prime has been discontinued
12-03-2020, 01:14 AM
HP Sales believes the HP Prime has been discontinued
Mike Derbish on a Facebook post shared his response from "Pearly" at the HP Store (see email below).
Klaas Kuperus who says that he is a product manager for an HP distributor in Czechia also claims that the HP 35s has been discontinued.

I have not been able to confirm either claim. It may be that HP no longer sells the HP Prime at their HP.com Store website but sells it through other channels. I suspect this is just another example of HP's "stellar" job at promoting their calculator products these days.

--------------------------------------------
Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting the HP.com Store.
I understand you have a question regarding the HP Graphing Prime Calculator at HP.com. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is no longer available through our store. I'd like to recommend the HP 10s+ Scientific Calculator.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-10s-sc...6aa-aba--1
I hope this information has been of assistance to you, Mike.

One of the best resources that we have to place your order is our Sales Center. Please call 1.866.221.4553 and a Sales Representative will be able to assist you with your order placement and answer any remaining questions that you have. Their hours of operation are between: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST, Monday-Sunday.

Customer Satisfaction is our store’s top priority. Please tell us about your email experience today. To participate, please click on our Customer Satisfaction Survey link below.
Thank you for choosing HP. We appreciate your business.

Regards,
Pearly
Email and Chat Representative
HP.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: HP Sales believes the HP Prime has been discontinued
I had the same luck with HP Sales. I think they only know about what is on their website.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/02/2020 05:34:09PM Session Started with Agent (Glorianna Q)
12/02/2020 05:34:09PM Steve Simpkin: "Has the HP Prime graphing calculator been discontinued?"
12/02/2020 05:34:27PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Welcome to HP Sales Team! My name is Glorianna. I have read your concern and ready to assist you."
12/02/2020 05:35:26PM Steve Simpkin: "Can you find out if the HP Prime graphing calculator has been discontinued or is it just no longer available on the HP Store website?"
12/02/2020 05:38:31PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Let me check into that."
12/02/2020 05:38:44PM Steve Simpkin: "Thank you"
12/02/2020 05:45:10PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Yes, it seems I am unable to get any records on the system for the HP Prime graphing calculator."
12/02/2020 05:45:42PM Steve Simpkin: "Ok. Thank you for looking into it for me."
12/02/2020 05:48:26PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Sure, no problem. Is that all for today?"
12/02/2020 05:49:13PM Steve Simpkin: "Could you also look at the status of the HP 35s calculator?"
12/02/2020 05:49:33PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Yes, sure. One moment."
12/02/2020 05:52:58PM Agent (Glorianna Q): "Seems these are the only available calculators that we have now. https://store.hp.com/us/en/plp/accessori...y=in-stock"
12/02/2020 05:53:37PM Steve Simpkin: "Ok. Thank you."
12-03-2020, 03:35 AM
(12-03-2020 01:14 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Thank you for contacting the HP.com Store.
I understand you have a question regarding the HP Graphing Prime Calculator at HP.com. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is no longer available through our store. I'd like to recommend the HP 10s+ Scientific Calculator.

It seems like the HP Store personnel only know what's available through the HP Store. They have no knowledge of anything sold outside the Store. If it's not in the Store, then HP doesn't make it (in their minds)

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2020, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2020 09:42 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
I hope the actual calculator remains available.

The Android app hasn't been in Google Play for a while now, though I think that is for technical reasons rather than an intended discontinuation.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-15691.html
And if you already have it installed, on some Android's it no longer works offline. https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-15976.html

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
12-03-2020, 10:09 AM
(12-03-2020 01:14 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Unfortunately, [the HP Prime] has been discontinued and is no longer available through our store. I'd like to recommend the HP 10s+ Scientific Calculator.

What the actual **^(*&%^

Are they seriously recommending a POS OEM Casio in place of the HP Prime?!? It has nothing like the feature set.

Unbelievable...

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
12-03-2020, 10:11 AM
(12-03-2020 10:09 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Are they seriously recommending a POS OEM Casio in place of the HP Prime?!? It has nothing like the feature set.
Would you expect a call server employee to understand that? (unless they are genuinely interested in calculators, of course ;-) )

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42
12-03-2020, 10:17 AM
(12-03-2020 10:11 AM)jthole Wrote:  Would you expect a call server employee to understand that? (unless they are genuinely interested in calculators, of course ;-) )

Would you expect a call centre employee to know to recommend a 10s+? Of course not. It's what they're told to say by HP.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
12-03-2020, 11:22 AM
(12-03-2020 10:17 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Would you expect a call centre employee to know to recommend a 10s+? Of course not. It's what they're told to say by HP.
True.

Hard to believe they would kill off the Prime G2 globally, seeing that it does relatively well in (at least) Europe. It would not surprise me unfortunately when the 35S would be discontinued.

11C, 12C, 17Bii, DM42
12-03-2020, 11:38 AM
(12-03-2020 11:22 AM)jthole Wrote:  Hard to believe they would kill off the Prime G2 globally, seeing that it does relatively well in (at least) Europe. It would not surprise me unfortunately when the 35S would be discontinued.

According to the main stockist for Europe, the 35S already is discontinued.

12-03-2020, 11:52 AM
(12-03-2020 11:38 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(12-03-2020 11:22 AM)jthole Wrote:  Hard to believe they would kill off the Prime G2 globally, seeing that it does relatively well in (at least) Europe. It would not surprise me unfortunately when the 35S would be discontinued.

According to the main stockist for Europe, the 35S already is discontinued.

That would explain why the person who says he is the product manager for an HP distributor in Czechia also claims that the HP 35s has been discontinued. I wonder if it has been discontinued for the U.S. market?

The same product manager also claims the HP Prime has *NOT* been discontinued. He says it is on the HP roadmap with no announcemed end date.
12-03-2020, 11:59 AM
(12-03-2020 11:52 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  That would explain why the person who says he is the product manager for an HP distributor in Czechia also claims that the HP 35s has been discontinued. I wonder if it has been discontinued for the U.S. market?

I think we're talking about the same person, Klaas Kuperus, who as far as I know is in the Netherlands rather than the Czech Republic. He's the director of De Rekenwinkel (which is actually where I bought my G2).

https://ipon.nl/speakers/klaas-kuperus/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)