Anything I should know before buying a 71B?
03-17-2021, 12:22 AM
RE: Anything I should know before buying a 71B?
(03-16-2021 07:04 PM)KeithB Wrote:  I have a 16K RAM cartridge.

As HP never produced a 16k module, you must have been the buyer of the 16k prototype module sold on eBay about 6 months ago.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2021, 12:28 AM
Duly noted. I am somewhat accustomed to slow Saturn-based machines thanks to my time with the 48SX. Smile

JPC looks pretty useful, and I know I'll want some form of the Math ROM, so I'll probably keep those two on the MultiMod. Not sure if I have a whole lot of use for the Forth Assembler ROM, so I may replace that one with some other choices.

HP-IL ROM is accounted for, since I bought an HP-IL module to accompany the computer. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2021, 01:04 AM
(03-17-2021 12:28 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  JPC looks pretty useful, and I know I'll want some form of the Math ROM, so I'll probably keep those two on the MultiMod. Not sure if I have a whole lot of use for the Forth Assembler ROM, so I may replace that one with some other choices.

I have little use for the assembler but Forth can be handy so I replace the Forth/Assembler ROM with the HP41 Translator ROM which includes Forth. Key in (or copy directly by HP-IL) any 41 FOCAL programs you'd like on the 71. The Forth & Basic environments are integrated fairly well and Forth is easier to pick up than assembler if you're trying to speed up parts of a program.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
03-17-2021, 01:24 PM
(03-17-2021 12:22 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(03-16-2021 07:04 PM)KeithB Wrote:  I have a 16K RAM cartridge.

As HP never produced a 16k module, you must have been the buyer of the 16k prototype module sold on eBay about 6 months ago.

Nope, I have had my module for 30 years or so. Actually it is a 32K module, from Corvallis Microtechnology, so I might have gotten it from EduCalc.

That is what I get for posting from memory!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)