When will the Python editor in the Connectivity kit be functional?
04-24-2021, 10:32 AM
When will the Python editor in the Connectivity kit be functional?
I noticed if you double click the Python application in the Connectivity kit that you get a bespoke IDE open in the main content area.

[Image: Ezjbu6]

This allows the user to create and edit Python files amongst other things and yes it appears to have rudimentary syntax highlighting.

Unfortunately, right now it doesn't update the calculator, although it does reflect any Python programs you've added via the calculator/emulator (yet again if you rename said files they don't update on the calculator after saving).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: When will the Python editor in the Connectivity kit be functional?
Apologies for nudging on this one Cryrille, but it would be good to have an ETA on this functionality as I've got a bunch of simple educational programs I'd like to adapt for the calculator, but the entry of said programs will be far faster once this feature is functioning.
04-26-2021, 12:27 PM
It's been literally less than 48 hours, all during a weekend, since the original report.

Doesn't affect me but I's say this is a bit aggressive....

--Bob Prosperi
04-26-2021, 07:40 PM
(04-26-2021 12:27 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  It's been literally less than 48 hours, all during a weekend, since the original report.

Bob there was no aggression in my post at all. Read it again. I was apologetic about reposting as my original post was at the weekend and I thought Cyrille might have missed the post. I'm not asking when will the feature be finished and bug-free, I'm simply asking for a rough eta.

The aim of the post was purely positive. With a desktop 'IDE' component, people will be able to test the Python features more fully as they will be able to enter their programs more easily.
04-26-2021, 11:59 PM
(04-26-2021 07:40 PM)jonmoore Wrote:  I'm simply asking for a rough eta.

It doesn't matter. Doing the work or estimating an ETA still requires work on their part.

And why even ask in the first place? Tell me what you are going to do differently if the answer is 3 months or 6 months?
04-27-2021, 01:33 AM
(04-26-2021 07:40 PM)jonmoore Wrote:  
(04-26-2021 12:27 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  It's been literally less than 48 hours, all during a weekend, since the original report.

Bob there was no aggression in my post at all. Read it again. I was apologetic about reposting as my original post was at the weekend and I thought Cyrille might have missed the post. I'm not asking when will the feature be finished and bug-free, I'm simply asking for a rough eta.

The aim of the post was purely positive. With a desktop 'IDE' component, people will be able to test the Python features more fully as they will be able to enter their programs more easily.

Sure, I understand. I didn't intend my comments to seem like a scolding or anything, more of a "give them time to look at it, think about it, etc." as it's clearly more than a simple bug-fix (like the not checking for empty string item just reported and fixed). No criticism intended, just suggesting a bit of patience.

--Bob Prosperi
04-27-2021, 05:10 AM
Hello,

Don't worry, I sent my mailing address to Jon and he sent me a very nice box of chocolates to apologize :-)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
04-27-2021, 06:52 AM
(04-27-2021 05:10 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Don't worry, I sent my mailing address to Jon and he sent me a very nice box of chocolates to apologize :-)

Cyrille

I'm good like that, but don't tell everybody! Wink
04-27-2021, 12:38 PM
(04-27-2021 06:52 AM)jonmoore Wrote:  
(04-27-2021 05:10 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Cyrille

I'm good like that, but don't tell everybody! Wink

Too late... Smile

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)