Making a new Program from Connectivity Kit crashes G2
05-30-2021, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2021 08:55 PM by matalog.)
Making a new Program from Connectivity Kit crashes G2
The other day I posted about pasting a certain program into my G2 causing it to crash.

I realised just now, that it is actually crashing when I make a New program by right-clicking Programs in the Connectivity Kit going to New, and then typing a name in, and when I press enter, to accept that name, then it crashed, with a screen on the Device telling me that my HP Prime had a problem and will reboot in 3 seconds.

I have the latest connectivity kit on Windows 8.1 and the latest offered device firmware offered.

This seems to happen regardless of the name I attempt to enter for the Program.

I tried a CFO reset, Format C: to clear this problem, but it is still the same, and happens every time.

Is there anything else I can try to stop this behaviour.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2021, 09:12 AM
RE: Making a new Program from Connectivity Kit crashes G2
This happens from the latest 'Stable' Release too.
06-29-2021, 10:02 AM
No crashes here, following your steps.

I wrote only a simple minimal test program, and used "Send to class" to transfer this program to the virtual calcluator. Syntax check etc. was done on the virtual calculator, because this is not supported in connectivity kit.
06-29-2021, 11:14 AM
(06-29-2021 10:02 AM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  No crashes here, following your steps.

I wrote only a simple minimal test program, and used "Send to class" to transfer this program to the virtual calcluator. Syntax check etc. was done on the virtual calculator, because this is not supported in connectivity kit.

I don't even get a chance to type a program in.

I am talking only about a real G2 Prime on PC.

When I connect it and right click Program, then select New Program, and then type in a name and press enter, the calculator reboots.
06-29-2021, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2021 12:45 PM by Thomas_Sch.)
confirmed.
G2: Reboot after entering the name. Empty program file on G2 is created.
Please report to HP.
11-16-2022, 08:01 AM
I just got a new G2. Windows 10.

First day with the connectivity kit (CK) (latest available), had the problem where it pauses for 10-20 seconds sometimes on random interactions, and almost always long-pauses if you maximize another program over the window and then go back to the CK. But, at least I could slowly, but surely load programs and apps.

Second day, I decided to upgrade the firmware to latest version. I now get all sorts of errors - including the reset when trying to make a new program on the CK (just naming it...). The reset clears the memory of my prime, as well. Apps, programs, vars, etc, gone. G2 and CK seems to be a HIGHLY unstable combo. It was resetting my prime left and right and each time, everything cleared.

C'mon folks. This is ridiculous. Try USB2 vs USB3 ports....maybe you need to do some extra memory format type of command....etc... (this is what I'm expecting...which is really even further down the path of silliness when you think about it)

I have an hp50g and its connectivity software is working fine after I installed the necessary drivers under admin. Never had complete memory wipes like this. (no wonder they are in such demand). I had a G1 ver. C years ago that worked fine. It seems to be bad form to criticize in any way for massive, crippling fear of support going away entirely, but if this is where we're already at...

I tried 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the CK, btw...both behave similarly poor when connecting to calc.
01-06-2023, 06:39 AM
I've managed to recreate the problem and have entered a bug report on the bug tracking site.
02-21-2023, 10:24 AM
FWIW, I "solved" my HP Connectivity issues by uninstalling the latest version and installing this version: HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_x64_20181016.exe

Not sure what the downside would be to using an older version of HP Connectivity, but so far it's working fine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)