Testing versions only valid for 60 days! HP Connectivity Kit
06-28-2021, 10:16 PM
Testing versions only valid for 60 days! HP Connectivity Kit
I am getting the attached message today, as I try to load the Connectivity Kit.

Is there a workaround at the minute, to get it to load? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but it resulted in the same message.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: Testing versions only valid for 60 days! HP Connectivity Kit
(06-28-2021 10:16 PM)matalog Wrote:  I am getting the attached message today, as I try to load the Connectivity Kit.

Is there a workaround at the minute, to get it to load? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but it resulted in the same message.

The updated non-beta version is available at the same site where you got the beta.

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-29-2021, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2021 07:02 AM by matalog.)
(06-28-2021 10:55 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(06-28-2021 10:16 PM)matalog Wrote:  I am getting the attached message today, as I try to load the Connectivity Kit.

The updated non-beta version is available at the same site where you got the beta.

I'm not sure if you are assuming that I got the beta from somewhere I didn't, or if you see something different when you look at the same site.

It was never indicated to me what version is stable, beta or otherwise, there are 2 available. None of them has been updated recently as the dates show. I reinstalled the latest one, and it didn't work.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see.

This is HPs software and driver page for the Prime.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-29-2021, 07:21 AM
Try the following site for non-beta releases.
https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/pc/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2021, 07:44 AM
(06-29-2021 07:21 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Try the following site for non-beta releases.
https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/pc/

Thanks Steve.
07-01-2021, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2021 02:53 AM by Dands.)
This is a very annoying error.

To me it's inconceivable that HP provides this installer on their official page and this error pops up after the installation. Even worse, if you download the 2020 version, the software will update itself to this 2021 version which will not work.
07-01-2021, 03:27 AM
(07-01-2021 02:38 AM)Dands Wrote:  This is a very annoying error.

To me it's inconceivable that HP provides this installer on their official page and this error pops up after the installation. Even worse, if you download the 2020 version, the software will update itself to this 2021 version which will not work.

Have you reported this error to HP?

Perhaps if more people contacted support and reported issues, HP would raise the priority of fixing them...

--Bob Prosperi
07-01-2021, 05:36 AM
Its in the process of being resolved... just for some reason the people managing the uploads there are being slow.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)