HHC 2021 conference videos and USB drive
10-06-2021, 05:12 PM
HHC 2021 conference videos and USB drive
HHC 2021 went very well as expected. Even though we only had 22 attendees, we still had plenty of great presentations. Everyone seemed to have a great time and we are all looking forward to next year, when hopefully there will no longer be travel restrictions and many more will be able to come. A huge thank you to Richard Nelson for organizing the conference and to Gene Wright for hosting and doing lots of behind-the-scenes work.

As in past years, I recorded the talks. Unfortunately, I had some technical difficulties. I do a dual-camera setup, with one powered by AC power and one on batteries. A few weeks ago I checked the 5 batteries I had, and I discovered 2 were totally bad and 3 seemed OK, so I ordered 2 new batteries. However, upon recording at the conference I discovered the "new" batteries only had about half the usable capacity that the old ones had when new, and the 3 old ones I had were only able to provide perhaps 10% capacity. This means my secondary camera was frequently running out of battery power, even with charging multiple batteries simultaneously. Also I had a few issues when a camera would unexpectedly stop recording and I wouldn't notice for a bit, so in a few cases I am using images of the slides with the video of the presenter to fill in the gaps.

Thankfully, I still ended up with some good recordings, just the second angle was not always possible. I don't think I missed more than a total of maybe 30 seconds of presentations throughout the whole conference, and that was mostly due to some presenters unexpectedly starting too quickly for me to have my camera ready. And I am also grateful to Gene Wright for manning my cameras (and maneuvering battery swaps on one of them!) while I gave my talk.

The recordings are now all uploaded to YouTube here:

Calculator Bibliography Update - Felix Gross (27:55)
Calculator Challenge - Bob Prosperi (27:35)
What's on the HHC 2021 USB Drive - Eric Rechlin (25:42)
Computing Logarithms by Integration - Richard Schwartz (17:02)
The HP 9808A/B Unicorn - The Product that Almost Was - Chuck McCord (28:02)
Starting a Fire - Richard Schwartz (10:10)
What's New in the PPC Archive Version 2.39 - Jake Schwartz (23:29)
Techniques for Digitally Preserving Technical Manuals and Other Books - Eric Rechlin (99:09)
Calculator Ad Price Analysis - Gene Wright (2:34)
Lines and Graphs - Gene Wright (32:00)
Diagnosing Problems with the HP-19C With Focus on the Printer - Jim Johnson (29:00)
Remembering Thomas M. Whitney - Jim Johnson (2:54)
CC41 A Touch Typist's Calculator - Craig Bladow (27:53)
Something About Keyboards - David Ramsey (39:40)
Rockwell Calculators - Gene Wright (22:58)
Make Your Own Slide Rule - Richard Schwartz (25:26)
What We Started - Richard Nelson (65:25)
6502 Calculator Projects - Joey Shepard (27:10)
History of Floating Point Processors - Eric Smith (38:12)
Accuracy Comparisons, 7 Methods & 30 Programs - Richard Nelson (22:54)
Another Perspective of the Scanning Projects - Content - Bob Prosperi (39:21)
Award Winners - Gene Wright and Richard Nelson (6:35)

That's a total of 10 hours, 41 minutes, and 6 seconds of recordings!

Additionally, for those who were wanting a copy of the 128 GB USB drive included in the conference registration packet, that can be purchased here for $45 plus shipping ($5-15 depending on destination).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2021, 09:23 PM
RE: HHC 2021 conference videos and USB drive
Thanks for posting the videos on youtube again, Eric!

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2021, 06:48 PM
Some great information and interesting stuff presented.
Thanks Eric also for the scanning work you been doing.. Wow that's awesome.
Do you all know if Craig Bladow is willing to share his CC41 application, I for one would like to try it, I could find NQ41 but not CC41..

Regards
10-10-2021, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2021 11:59 PM by Craig Bladow.)
(10-10-2021 06:48 PM)Dol Wrote:  Do you all know if Craig Bladow is willing to share his CC41 application, I for one would like to try it, I could find NQ41 but not CC41..

Yes I am willing to share, just send me a PM with your operating system and email address and I will send the manual and program. Be aware that this is software that is not yet complete, I am currently working so it will run my HHC 2021 RPN contest entry. Smile

Cheers,
Craig

Try CC41!
10-11-2021, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2021 12:36 AM by BobVA.)
Thanks for posting those!

Your document preservation talk and tool chain description was very interesting.
10-15-2021, 05:35 PM
I have been 'consuming' the Most Excellent HHC 2021 USB drive that Eric provides.

IT is excellent!!! There is such a great wealth of information all in one drive!

Highly recommended!

Eric: Thank you!

TomC

(10-06-2021 05:12 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  HHC 2021 went very well as expected. Even though we only had 22 attendees, we still had plenty of great presentations. Everyone seemed to have a great time and we are all looking forward to next year, when hopefully there will no longer be travel restrictions and many more will be able to come. A huge thank you to Richard Nelson for organizing the conference and to Gene Wright for hosting and doing lots of behind-the-scenes work.

As in past years, I recorded the talks. Unfortunately, I had some technical difficulties. I do a dual-camera setup, with one powered by AC power and one on batteries. A few weeks ago I checked the 5 batteries I had, and I discovered 2 were totally bad and 3 seemed OK, so I ordered 2 new batteries. However, upon recording at the conference I discovered the "new" batteries only had about half the usable capacity that the old ones had when new, and the 3 old ones I had were only able to provide perhaps 10% capacity. This means my secondary camera was frequently running out of battery power, even with charging multiple batteries simultaneously. Also I had a few issues when a camera would unexpectedly stop recording and I wouldn't notice for a bit, so in a few cases I am using images of the slides with the video of the presenter to fill in the gaps.

Thankfully, I still ended up with some good recordings, just the second angle was not always possible. I don't think I missed more than a total of maybe 30 seconds of presentations throughout the whole conference, and that was mostly due to some presenters unexpectedly starting too quickly for me to have my camera ready. And I am also grateful to Gene Wright for manning my cameras (and maneuvering battery swaps on one of them!) while I gave my talk.

The recordings are now all uploaded to YouTube here:

Calculator Bibliography Update - Felix Gross (27:55)
Calculator Challenge - Bob Prosperi (27:35)
What's on the HHC 2021 USB Drive - Eric Rechlin (25:42)
Computing Logarithms by Integration - Richard Schwartz (17:02)
The HP 9808A/B Unicorn - The Product that Almost Was - Chuck McCord (28:02)
Starting a Fire - Richard Schwartz (10:10)
What's New in the PPC Archive Version 2.39 - Jake Schwartz (23:29)
Techniques for Digitally Preserving Technical Manuals and Other Books - Eric Rechlin (99:09)
Calculator Ad Price Analysis - Gene Wright (2:34)
Lines and Graphs - Gene Wright (32:00)
Diagnosing Problems with the HP-19C With Focus on the Printer - Jim Johnson (29:00)
Remembering Thomas M. Whitney - Jim Johnson (2:54)
CC41 A Touch Typist's Calculator - Craig Bladow (27:53)
Something About Keyboards - David Ramsey (39:40)
Rockwell Calculators - Gene Wright (22:58)
Make Your Own Slide Rule - Richard Schwartz (25:26)
What We Started - Richard Nelson (65:25)
6502 Calculator Projects - Joey Shepard (27:10)
History of Floating Point Processors - Eric Smith (38:12)
Accuracy Comparisons, 7 Methods & 30 Programs - Richard Nelson (22:54)
Another Perspective of the Scanning Projects - Content - Bob Prosperi (39:21)
Award Winners - Gene Wright and Richard Nelson (6:35)

That's a total of 10 hours, 41 minutes, and 6 seconds of recordings!

Additionally, for those who were wanting a copy of the 128 GB USB drive included in the conference registration packet, that can be purchased here for $45 plus shipping ($5-15 depending on destination).
10-15-2021, 06:37 PM
Missed you, Tom !

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)