Linear Estimation on 41cv ?
10-25-2021, 02:44 AM
Linear Estimation on 41cv ?
I am switching from my trusty 11C to a 41CV. (after 30+ years, the 11c is failing)
My 41CV has an Advantage Module, but one fuction I use alot is missing: Linear Estimation.

Today I ordered the complete library of manuals on USB from here thinking the answer will be in there somplace, but I'm hoping someone can help me out and tell me what module I need to find that has linear estimation so I can start the hunt now.

Is it in MATH I, MATH/STAT, STAT 1 or some other custom ROM?

Thanks!
S.M.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2021, 09:55 AM
RE: Linear Estimation on 41cv ?
Here is a scanned copy of the HP-41C Standard Applications booklet. See the Curve Fitting section starting on page 42. The 155 step program in this section will perform the Linear Regression and Linear Estimation functions (and more) you are looking for.

https://literature.hpcalc.org/community/...ard-en.pdf
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2021, 12:38 PM
I was always a little perplexed that they didn't include linear regression, but it's pretty easy to add. This program gives you the functionality from the 11C. Note that it expects ΣREG 11. Call XEQ "LR" to calculate the coefficients (this step is required), which will store A, B, and R in registers 17, 18, and 19 respectively. Then you can use XEQ "XHAT" and XEQ "YHAT" to predict x or y values.

Code:
LBL "LR"
MEAN
RCL 16
CHS
RCL 15
+
RCL 11
X^2
RCL 16
/
CHS
RCL 12
+
/
STO 17
MEAN
RCL 17
-
STO 18
MEAN
RCL 16
CHS
RCL 15
+
RCL 16
-
ENTER
ENTER
SDEV
/
STO 19
RCL 18
RCL 17
RTN
LBL "XHAT"
RCL 18
-
RCL 17
/
RTN
LBL "YHAT"
RCL 17
RCL 18
+
END
10-25-2021, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2021 01:37 PM by rawi.)
Steve Myers wrote:
Quote:Is it in MATH I, MATH/STAT, STAT 1 or some other custom ROM?

In the Stat Pac you can find (among other programs) programs for linear regression for one to three independent variables as well as curve fitting for a variety of functions (y=a*e^(b*x), y= a + b*ln(x), y = a*c^b). A full description can be found on the website hp41{dot}org under software - hp application pacs - stat pac manual

Best

rawi
10-25-2021, 04:21 PM
(10-25-2021 01:33 PM)rawi Wrote:  Steve Myers wrote:
Quote:Is it in MATH I, MATH/STAT, STAT 1 or some other custom ROM?

In the Stat Pac you can find (among other programs) programs for linear regression for one to three independent variables as well as curve fitting for a variety of functions (y=a*e^(b*x), y= a + b*ln(x), y = a*c^b). A full description can be found on the website hp41{dot}org under software - hp application pacs - stat pac manual

Best

rawi

Or here.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
10-26-2021, 06:37 PM
Thank you all for the answers!
I'm going to try and find a Stat Module as my day-to-day programs use up most of the storage in my CV.

Thanks again!
11-02-2021, 12:15 AM
Today I received my USB key with all of the manuals.
It turns out that the HP Advantage Module I already had includes Linear Curve Fitting and works perfectly!

Thanks to all!
S.M.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)