HP49-50G: HALT command as assigned key?
11-27-2021, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 05:40 PM by Gil.)
HP49-50G: HALT command as assigned key?
To end the debugging of a program, I defined as follows the KILL instruction :

KILL 32.1 ASN ENTER

How to proceed (likewise shortcut?) for the HALT command when I want to quickly insert it, but not using the RUN Menu or the CUSTOM/CST Menu?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2021, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 09:20 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: HP49-50G: HALT command as assigned key?
Here's one way to put a bare HALT on the stack. Put { HALT } on the stack. Then execute 256.03 MENU and press COMP→ DROP COMP→ DROP.

The first COMP→ DROP leaves the System RPL program :: xHALT ; on the stack. The second COMP→ DROP explodes the program and leaves the xHALT by itself.

EDIT: A simpler way to get what you want is to simply assign " HALT " to a key. Smile

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2021, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2021 11:23 AM by Gil.)
I am no emoticon fan, but I do take yours!

Simply amazing!

I am really baffled by both solutions, perhaps with a preference for the first one, which "consumes" less memory.

My congratulations and a great thank.

Gil
11-28-2021, 09:40 AM
(11-27-2021 09:18 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Here's one way to put a bare HALT on the stack. Put { HALT } on the stack. Then execute 256.03 MENU and press COMP→ DROP COMP→ DROP.

The first COMP→ DROP leaves the System RPL program :: xHALT ; on the stack. The second COMP→ DROP explodes the program and leaves the xHALT by itself.

I find it interesting that the :: xHALT ; System RPL program takes up 7.5 bytes while the bare xHalt takes 12.5 bytes. Of course, you need the bare command for the assigned key to have the desired behavior, but still interesting.
11-28-2021, 02:12 PM
(11-27-2021 09:18 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Here's one way to put a bare HALT on the stack. Put { HALT } on the stack. Then execute 256.03 MENU and press COMP→ DROP COMP→ DROP.

:: HALT DTAG works also.
11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
This last solution does not work with me.

With that latter HALT in the stack, let's proceed by
22 1 ASN ENTER.

Then, edit a prigram
<<... LS-USER H/MODE-Key: nothing happens.

:: HALT DTAG
gives the same object as {HALT} 1 GET, and both results do not work with a user-key.

Try :: HALT DTAG {HALT} 1 GET SAME
The result is 1.

But {HALT} 256.03 Menu COMP→ DROP COMP→ DROP {HALT} 1 GET SAME
The result is 0.

What you see is not necessarily what you think.
11-28-2021, 04:32 PM
(11-28-2021 02:12 PM)John Keith Wrote:  :: HALT DTAG works also.

Are you sure? There's no tag to remove. When I tried it, it doesn't have any affect.
11-28-2021, 04:50 PM
(11-28-2021 02:36 PM)Gil Wrote:  gives the same object as {HALT} 1 GET, and both results do not work with a user-key.

fyi: {HALT} OBJ→ DROP also gives the same result as {HALT} 1 GET.

Back to your original question of assigning HALT to a key...
Are you familiar with Keyman+ program for the 50g? With it, you could assign HALT to a key in such a way that the assignment is only active while editing a program. When you are using the calculator interactively (ie, not editing a program), you can have the key have its original functionality, or whatever else you want it to do.
11-28-2021, 05:55 PM
Interwsting, indeed.

Heard, yes, about it when I had an HP50G real calculator.

Now with the EMU48 emulation on phone, I did not manage to download and use one single program from HPCalc.org, in particular MLCHESS and HPCHESS. But I am quite an idiot regarding "world connecting", transfer, loading, implementation, asf.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)