new HP user here!
07-07-2014, 04:35 PM
new HP user here!
Hi!

I'm a newbie in the HP part of this galaxy, I've just recently bought a used 50g and almost fell in love with that beastie.

Previously, I was a long time Sharp and Casio user, but only had basic programmable models.

Then I got my TI-89 and Voyage-200, which I love as a programming geek but it was the 50g who hit me badly! Even if I don't particularly like its programming language, I really appreciate its powerful CAS functions (more powerful than TI's), the superior keyboard and screen (yes, it has lower resolution, but I like it's better readability) and the built-in SD card reader which I find really useful.

I still appreciate the TI for it's built-in TI-BASIC, expecially the Voyage 200 (for its qwerty keyboard of course), but I like the 50g better for general use.

Since I'm a professional software developer, I'll investigate the ARM programming soon (any advices?) to squeeze every bit of performance out of this beauty! It's a shame to waste so much power on the little CPU to emulate a Saturn.

Oh, I'm getting a Prime too in the next few weeks, so... That's Amore I guess!

Long live HP!

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
RE: new HP user here!
Welcome! I'm sure you'll recognize the real pearls after a while Wink

d:-)
07-08-2014, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 05:32 PM by CosmicTruth.)
have you found yet HPCalc.org ?
its at http://www.hpcalc.org/

Thanks
~~~~8< Art >8~~~~

PS: Please post more 50G stuff :)
07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Welcome Kane! (Rolls out the carpet with double-wide ENTER key patches stitched on them)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm having a lot of fun playing with it, so entertaining (nerd force is strong with me) Big Grin

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
07-14-2014, 05:50 PM
(07-07-2014 04:35 PM)TheKaneB Wrote:  Since I'm a professional software developer, I'll investigate the ARM programming soon (any advices?) to squeeze every bit of performance out of this beauty! It's a shame to waste so much power on the little CPU to emulate a Saturn.

Google "HPGCC" for 50g ARM-based cross-assembly and C.
07-14-2014, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 09:48 PM by Anderson Costa.)
Welcome to you too!!!
I am considering also a newbie on HP Calculators. I don't have any HP calculator actually, but I am an enthusiast since I discovered HP 48G and graphic calculators in 2005 with a help of a Engineer student.
Later, I discovered some HP calculator emulators, such a HP 49G emulator and since July 2013 I have used HP Prime emulator in my Math studies (I am a HP Prime fan since the leaked Pre-Release 1 version), but I am Brazilian,and don't search a HP Prime in person for sell in an official market!
Since the HP Prime emulator released I have tested some HP calculators and liked very much. My favourite HP calculators is HP Prime, HP 50g, HP 35s and HP 30b!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)