[BUG-GUIDE] when transfering mViewer GX programs
07-07-2014, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 08:53 PM by alexzkter.)
[BUG-GUIDE] when transfering mViewer GX programs
When you drag these programs from the TIPLANET forum (images converted to .hpprgm files) using HP Connectivity kit, to your calculator, once you execute them an exclamation mark shows up.

To solve this, what I do is EXACTLY as follows:

1)Transfer the .hpprgm files one by one (preferably),
2) In your physical Prime, go to shift-programs, RUN IT (an exclamation mark shows up)
3) Press Enter key on the .hpprgm so you can edit its code.
4) On the soft keys bar, press 'Check' an Sintax error message will pop up, and it will show the exact location were the typo is:
[Image: 6eg5mt.png]

5) Accept it, then try and delete the number '5' that is before the name of the file you're trying to view. That '5' is messing with your mViewer GX files. Press 'check' again "No errors in the program" will show up this time.

6)Press 'Esc', now you can run it without problem. Just make sure you don't try running your mviewer GX files by pressing enter. If you press enter, and check for errors there will be a Sintax error message, but at least myself don't know how to fix it from there. What I do in that case is just reset the calculator with the button on the back.

P.S By the way, I just tried running one of these files and this showed up:

[Image: pol1y.png]

What in the world is this?
I've seen it before several times...
Another bug? Jeeeez...

-I'm going crazy. I keep reseting my calculator all day. I just tried opening 5 of these files in a row, and calculator just freezes on the last one. Either I get this crash or this weird Program Parameters appears in the middle and it's consequence is no longer being able to run the file in question, as I said, when running 4-5-6 files in a row...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 05:00 AM
RE: [BUG-GUIDE] when transfering mViewer GX programs
From other topics, you must be using the latest firmware and connectivity kit versions, right ?
Also, what's the size of the converted file ? Beyond 1 MB or so, there are all kinds of trouble: transfer failures, random crashes.
Could you provide a copy of the file so that we can try to reproduce the problem ?
Thanks in advance Smile
07-08-2014, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 08:22 AM by alexzkter.)
(07-08-2014 05:00 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  From other topics, you must be using the latest firmware and connectivity kit versions, right ?
Also, what's the size of the converted file ? Beyond 1 MB or so, there are all kinds of trouble: transfer failures, random crashes.
Could you provide a copy of the file so that we can try to reproduce the problem ?
Thanks in advance Smile

Yes, latest software version 2014 3 31 (6030) and Rev.6026 in HP Connectivity kit
The size of the converted file is around 300kB per program.

I'll upload a zip with the 5 files I was attempting to run in a row.

Thanks to you!

Attached File(s)
.zip  Rankine.zip (Size: 532.67 KB / Downloads: 7)
07-08-2014, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 10:59 AM by critor.)
Hi,

It's not you - there are memory leaks in the HP-Prime.
So you are limited in the number of huge programs you can run in a row.

Do not try to edit those huge programs.
If there is an error or a bug, just reset the calculator and rerun the last program.
07-08-2014, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 02:20 PM by alexzkter.)
(07-08-2014 10:59 AM)critor Wrote:  Hi,

It's not you - there are memory leaks in the HP-Prime.
So you are limited in the number of huge programs you can run in a row.

Do not try to edit those huge programs.
If there is an error or a bug, just reset the calculator and rerun the last program.

You're right, but I'm not trying to run huge programs.
It's 150-300 kB programs we're talking about here.
And also, my calculator crashes 7 out of 10 times when I expand the list of contents of it in HP connectivity kit, fortunately or not I realized your can drag the programs from your pc to the calculator without having to expand.
I guess not only transfering files is a problem, but also reading the content of the calculator itself. When I expand the contents of the calculator and it crashes, I've realized only 3 or 4 programs are being listed instead of the 8 or 9 that I currently have.

By the way, this morning I went to the 'About HP Prime' section under help, so I could read the firmware version and post it here, then I turned off the calculator. I just turned it back on, and it's stuck there. I can't exit this menu or do anything, although touching the screen when it gets a little darker makes it light up again. On-symb did its job.
07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
(07-08-2014 02:03 PM)alexzkter Wrote:  You're right, but I'm not trying to run huge programs.
It's 150-300 kB programs we're talking about here.

I think 300 KB is quite big program, below 64 KB I would consider as small. Does the calculator shows 300 KB? (haven't transferred anything since last connkit update, but previous one had lots of issues with that)

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 12:40 PM by critor.)
alexzkter -> 300KB is huge for the HP-Prime according to me.

There are many bugs and problems still unfixed in the latest HP-Prime firmware.

Mine does crash or freeze quite easily, at least once a day, without performing anything undocumented. So I'm not surprised yours did freeze by just checking the about screen.

Using huge programs is just triggering the already existing problems more easily.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)