Unexpected behavior of HP Prime emulator on MacOS
03-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Unexpected behavior of HP Prime emulator on MacOS
I have a physical HP Prime, but the context of my question is the Prime emulator that runs on MacOS. It ran fine for the first year or so, but recently it's started acting-up. After I've been using it a while, anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes, it starts behaving unexpectedly: when I click a button, some other button activates. For example, I'll do something like clicking on Shift-x^2, expecting to get a square root, but instead it might switch to memory manager and ask me to confirm deleting all user-stored memory, or it might switch to CAS settings and refuse to exit.

The workaround has been to quit and re-open the emulator, but I'd like to resolve this. I've tried deleting every pref file I can find in ~/Library (for you Windows folks it would be ...\Username\AppData), but haven't found the right one. I've considered reinstalling the emulator itself, but on Mac that's so rarely necessary that I haven't yet.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Unexpected behavior of HP Prime emulator on MacOS
(03-03-2022 10:43 PM)RickyFlips Wrote:  I have a physical HP Prime, but the context of my question is the Prime emulator that runs on MacOS. It ran fine for the first year or so, but recently it’s started acting-up. After I’ve been using it a while, anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes, it starts behaving unexpectedly: when I click a button, some other button activates.

The workaround has been to quit and re-open the emulator, but I’d like to resolve this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve created a ticket for this in the bug tracker (ticket #48). I myself have noticed this sort of behaviour, years ago, with the Windows Virtual Calculator (although occurring immediately after launching it). No ideas yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)