Saving Stack of HP 50g
03-31-2022, 10:40 PM
Saving Stack of HP 50g
I asked a question somewhere a year or so ago, which calculator would allow the longest stack history of calculations, and someone told me it is the 50g. It would store even until it fills the 2GB SD card, if configured correctly.

I wouldn't want 2GB of stack obviously, but say I had a stack of 1000 calculations in algebraic mode, would it be possible to export them in some form to be downloaded and browsed on PC?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Saving Stack of HP 50g
The stack doesn't operate off the SD card so you can't have a 2 GB stack; I believe it's limited by available memory in HOME (less than 256 KB). Still, that's a pretty deep stack, and 1000 elements would indeed be possible with enough free RAM.

Easiest way to export the stack is something like DEPTH ->LIST ->STR, which would put everything into a list and then convert it to a string which you could then save to an SD card and load onto a computer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2022, 10:03 AM
I was going to suggest something similar to what Eric wrote.

STOSTACK
<< -> fn << DEPTH ->LIST fn STO >> >>

RCLSTACK
<< RCL OBJ-> DROP >>

So to store the stack onto an SD card, you would enter a file name such as
:3:mystack
STOSTACK

and to recall the stack
:3:mystack
RCLSTACK

However, I noticed you wanted to do this from Algebraic mode. Unfortunately, these programs only work from RPN mode, not Algebraic mode. I tried switching to RPN withing the program but that did not seem to work either. The work-around is to manually switch to RPN, run the program, then switch back. Someone else might have a better idea how to automate this from Algebraic mode.
04-02-2022, 05:40 PM
Does it save both parts of the calculations?

The results and the calculations?
04-03-2022, 01:24 PM
It would take a few minutes, but depending on what you want to do with it, it might be useful (and slow?)
to print the entire stack to a 82240A/B Printer.

I don't usually do this for large stacks (mainly because the stack manipulation gets really slow as the size of the stack increases).

You could also add a function to whatever program made the data to have each result appended to the end of a string that is stored on the SD card, then just read the "long" string from the SD card and parse it on the computer accordingly? I'd have to imagine that's just as slow as printing to the 82240 printer?

It's a curious question!

17bii | 32s | 32sii | 41c | 41cv | 41cx | 42s | 48g | 48g+ | 48gx | 50g | 30b

04-03-2022, 07:22 PM
(04-02-2022 05:40 PM)matalog Wrote:  Does it save both parts of the calculations?

The results and the calculations?

Yes, it saves the full Algebraic history, both the calculations and the results.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)