HP Prime Pro from Store vs. HP Prime Download versioning question
12-30-2022, 01:23 PM
HP Prime Pro from Store vs. HP Prime Download versioning question
Hello everybody,

times ago, I bought the HP Prime Pro app for Windows from the Microsoft Store. According to the store, the last update was in 2017, however, the app says it is build 2.1.14582 (2021 5 5). The store does not offer a newer version to me, and the calculator itself has no "check for update" command.

The downloadable app (non-pro, I guess) is "HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_x64_2021_10_01.msi" from 2021-10. In installed that, hoping it would update my HP Prime Pro app version. But it installed side-by-side and I guess this is a non-pro version (should be without programming, right?).

How can I get the latest version update of the HP Prime Pro app, which I bought?

Best Regards,
Stefan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2022, 04:46 AM
RE: HP Prime Pro from Store vs. HP Prime Download versioning question
I think the release in may 21 happen after the prime pro was removed from the android app store for a while, probably mostly changes to meet googles requirement. Not sure what other changes where made, no python like the hardware prime. my version shows 20.1.14591 2021 05 14 a week or so later but I was in the beta test maybe that is why it is different
12-31-2022, 01:45 PM
RE: HP Prime Pro from Store vs. HP Prime Download versioning question
(12-30-2022 01:23 PM)Stefan Falk Wrote:  The downloadable app (non-pro, I guess) is "HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_x64_2021_10_01.msi" from 2021-10. In installed that, hoping it would update my HP Prime Pro app version. But it installed side-by-side and I guess this is a non-pro version (should be without programming, right?).

How can I get the latest version update of the HP Prime Pro app, which I bought?

I never really understood why people would buy the HP Prime Pro app on the windows store while there is the free Windows Virtual Calculator which AFAIK has the same features. I suppose that this Windows app was designed at a time (Windows 8) when Windows for PC was planned to converge with the phone version and move to an all app model, but this didn’t happened.

So the virtual calculator you installed provides you the latest version of the HP Prime including programming. I don’t think you need the HP Prime Pro app anymore unless there are some specific features of this app that I’m not aware of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)