The HP Palmtop Paper
01-03-2015, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 09:05 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
The HP Palmtop Paper
Here's a preview for the forum:

The HP Palmtop Paper - redirected to the HP Computer Museum

All 54 issues plus the 4 Bonus Issues and a catalog. Full-color, hi-res scans, and OCR'd which means that once these newsletters have their permanent home you can search their content using Google, just like you can now with The Portable Paper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: The HP Palmtop Paper
Thank you very much, that is highly welcome!

Now I can put my paper copies into the attic.

Hubert
01-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Sweet. The HTML article archive on the web site is nice, but some of the articles really suffered in the translation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2015, 05:47 AM
The HP Palmtop Paper pdfs can now be found at the HP Computer Museum.
01-06-2015, 02:19 PM
(01-06-2015 05:47 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The HP Palmtop Paper pdfs can now be found at the HP Computer Museum.

Thanks Dave, for the huge and tedious effort to scan all those issues! Page... by... page... wow!

Thanks also to The Other HP Museum for hosting them and of course to Hal Goldstein for donating them for all of us to access.

--Bob Prosperi
01-06-2015, 03:33 PM
(01-03-2015 05:02 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Here's a preview for the forum:

The HP Palmtop Paper

All 54 issues plus the 4 Bonus Issues and a catalog. Full-color, hi-res scans, and OCR'd which means that once these newsletters have their permanent home you can search their content using Google, just like you can now with The Portable Paper.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for scanning these and making them available.

I was a subscriber to the Paper, but long ago passed them on to other people. If I remember right, the Paper would occasionally issue a floppy disk with the programs that were in the articles. I have copies of several of those disks:

1992, 1195-1995 and 1998.

I also have a CDROM of the "The HP Palmtop Paper's CD InfoBase" dated 1996.

From the Readme File on the CD:
--------------------------------------
This CD contains:
--All issues of THE HP PALMTOP PAPER through 1995
--The HP 100/200LX User's Guide
--The HP 100/200LX Developer's Guide
--Bonus Issues
--Detailed Advertiser Information
The total is about 36 megabytes of text and graphics. The CD also includes all the freeware and shareware that have been offered on THE HP PALMTOP PAPER ON DISK and on the yearly PowerDisks, as well as developer's software.
-----------------------------------

As you can see, a lot of good info. Not sure if there were other CD Infobase issued for other years.

Note: The files on the CD are NOT PDF, but are some kind of linked hypertext that uses the HyperReader program. I could not install the CDROM to my Windows 8 x64 but was able to install and run it on an XP x32 machine.

No sure if these are already available on-line or not.

But if they aren't, and if Hal Goldstein gives permission, I can make the files available for someone to host.

Bill
01-18-2015, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 03:07 AM by Dave Frederickson.)
Here's the 2000 CD InfoBase 2-CD Deluxe Edition.

For all four of you interested in palmtop stuff, I also have a copy of PC in Your Pocket. Anyone interest in a scan of that book?
01-18-2015, 01:58 PM
(01-18-2015 01:56 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Here's the 2000 CD InfoBase 2-CD Deluxe Edition
For all four of you interested in palmtop stuff, I also have a copy of PC in Your Pocket. Anyone interest in a scan of that book?

Dave,

Thanks for making these available. The best part of these are the Solver EQN files that match up with the articles in the Palmtop Paper.

Bill
01-18-2015, 03:44 PM
(01-18-2015 01:56 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Here's the 2000 CD InfoBase 2-CD Deluxe Edition

Thanks for sharing this stuff Dave!

If you already have the book scanned sure, add a link, I can add it to the list of things to look at (a long list indeed) but definitely do not scan it if not already done.

Thanks for your continuing contributions.

--Bob Prosperi
01-18-2015, 03:55 PM
(01-18-2015 03:44 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  If you already have the book scanned sure, add a link, I can add it to the list of things to look at (a long list indeed) but definitely do not scan it if not already done.

Thanks for your continuing contributions.

The book is only $10 so I suggest that anyone interested simply get a copy.

You're welcome.

Dave
04-04-2019, 07:02 PM
An old thread but wanted to enquire if the files are available for the palmtop paper — namely the solver equations referenced in the articles. Any advice how I can find those please?
Thanks
04-04-2019, 08:46 PM
(04-04-2019 07:02 PM)Ali Wrote:  An old thread but wanted to enquire if the files are available for the palmtop paper — namely the solver equations referenced in the articles. Any advice how I can find those please?
Thanks

Try the InfoBase CD, http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=584.

If not there, the files are OCR'ed so you should be able to copy and paste. Just be aware that the OCR is not perfect so expect some editing.

Dave
04-04-2019, 09:23 PM
(04-04-2019 08:46 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(04-04-2019 07:02 PM)Ali Wrote:  An old thread but wanted to enquire if the files are available for the palmtop paper — namely the solver equations referenced in the articles. Any advice how I can find those please?
Thanks

Try the InfoBase CD, http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=584.

If not there, the files are OCR'ed so you should be able to copy and paste. Just be aware that the OCR is not perfect so expect some editing.

Dave

Perfect thanks a lot Dave, appreciate it.
05-22-2022, 04:49 PM
The HP has uploaded the file on the Internet Archive

https://archive.org/details/the-hp-palmt...se-cd-2000
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)