Linear applications (like "ker"...)
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 06:31 PM by salvomic.)
Linear applications (like "ker"...)
hi need something like the menu "Linear Application" for matrices in HP50: image, ker, ismom, mkisom functions...
In Prime I can find only "ker()" function, for "kernel" (null space) and "mkisom()", like the HP 50g, but not "isom()" and "image()".

In CAS aren't the other functions, particularly "Image()"?
Is is possible to have them in another way?

Thank you,
Salvo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Linear applications (like "ker"...)
please, advise to write a little program to get the command image() like those in HP50g, to calc the image of a linear applications or its associated matrix :-)
Having a matrix, to reduce it (i.e rref()...), find vectors that are linear independent and that form a base...

Please, dr. Parisse, help.

I hope that developers would like to put image() in the next firmware upgrade of Prime, however.

Thanks in advance

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
02-17-2015, 12:41 PM
image(A) is rref(tran(A)). Indeed tran(A) puts the columns of A that spans image(A) in rows, then rref reduce the rows, and you get the basis with non-0 rows.
BTW, image and mkisom are Xcas commands.
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 01:55 PM by salvomic.)
(02-17-2015 12:41 PM)parisse Wrote:  image(A) is rref(tran(A)). Indeed tran(A) puts the columns of A that spans image(A) in rows, then rref reduce the rows, and you get the basis with non-0 rows.

so simply! I didn't think, thank you
I'm defining a function, now.

Quote:BTW, image and mkisom are Xcas commands.

also ker(), if I'm not wrong; but in Prime I find only ker() and mkisom()...

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
02-17-2015, 04:14 PM
If A is your original matrix, you can also simply use rref(A) to determine the pivot columns of A. The pivot columns of A form a basis for image(A). Parisse's solution is much more direct.

As for commands being available in xcas vs the HP Prime, there are many commands in xcas not available on the prime. The CAS in the HP Prime is not an exact duplicate of xcas; I do not believe this was the intended design (I could be wrong).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
02-17-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 04:29 PM by salvomic.)
thank you Han.

Who, like me, come from HP 50g, perhaps would like to retrieve in Prime all that is in the other HP best calculator. Said that, I understand that not all in the CAS is also in the Prime, sure.
Only I would suggest to the Team of Developers of Prime don't omit some useful commands, perhaps simple but important, like image() or few others...

However the Parisse's solution it's ok for me (also your hints).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)