Using a NoVRAM to copy roms to a 41CL - How to ?
01-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Using a NoVRAM to copy roms to a 41CL - How to ?
Ok, consider me slow in the head, but I have some questions on using a NoVRAM to copy roms to my 41CL. I could use some help.

Assume I have roms in my NoVRAM (it’s a NoVRAM 64 but that’s not my problem). I want to copy the rom from page 8 to an unused ram page on my 41CL.

Step by step, how do I do this? As I suggested above, please consider me really slow. I suspect that if this is written up so I can figure it out :-) then it will help others later too.

Monte will know which version of the 41CL I have (which is either a beta or V2).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 03:35 AM by Monte Dalrymple.)
RE: Using a NoVRAM to copy roms to a 41CL - How to ?
(01-09-2014 08:28 PM)Gene Wrote:  Ok, consider me slow in the head, but I have some questions on using a NoVRAM to copy roms to my 41CL. I could use some help.

Assume I have roms in my NoVRAM (it’s a NoVRAM 64 but that’s not my problem). I want to copy the rom from page 8 to an unused ram page on my 41CL.

Step by step, how do I do this? As I suggested above, please consider me really slow. I suspect that if this is written up so I can figure it out :-) then it will help others later too.

Monte will know which version of the 41CL I have (which is either a beta or V2).
You got a Beta version, but I don't remember if I updated it for you or not. If not, I am happy to update it to the current functionality (but still with the smaller Flash) if you send it to me and cover my return postage.

As far as your specific question, to copy from logical Page 8 to RAM at address 0x805000 (for example) is as simple as putting "8-1>805" in Alpha and then executing YMPCY.

The "8-1" specifies logical page 8/bank 1 as the source and the RAM page at physical address 0x805000 as the destination. The operation of YMCPY is described in the 41CL manual.

Remember that a copy from a logical address (ie something residing in a real Port) can only copy 10 bits per word. So this kind of copy into the 41CL cannot be used for those images (I'm thinking specifically of the IMDB) that use all 16 bits per word.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)