Double Sequence App in the Application Library
05-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Double Sequence App in the Application Library
I have updated the HP Prime calculator to firmware ver. 20150427 Rev:7820. After working a while with the new firmware I got a double entry of the sequence app in the application library which I cannot delete.

A hardware reset and installing the new firmware again did not help.

Any help?

Erich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 12:41 PM by DrD.)
RE: Double Sequence App in the Application Library
I was just about to report a similar duplication, only in my case the duplicated file is the "Function" app. It also shows up in the [Vars] list of App Vars ("Function" listed twice), and doesn't seem to be able to be deleted. This morning was the first I noticed that ...

-Dale-
05-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Perhaps one is a CAS app & the other not?

Is it indeed possible to have a CAS app?

Have you checked capitalisation?
05-26-2015, 03:07 PM
My guess is that whatever app was in view at the time of firmware update on the HC is probably the one that gets duplicated in the Apps Vars. In my case, anyway, the "Function" app appeared twice, both as an App Icon in the Application Library, and in the [Vars][App] list. I was able to find a way to delete the duplicated app, in the meantime. It was an empty copy of the "Function" app, in my case. I was able to get a [Delete] soft button to show up after bringing it up via [Vars][App], select the second (dup) "Function" app, and then immediately switching to [Apps] library. The [Delete] option wouldn't show up otherwise, even if the duplicated "Function" icon was selected.

It might also have been renamed to the name of the defining app if there had been another app resident, saved under a different name, present during the firmware update. I think that was the case when I updated the last couple of times.
05-26-2015, 03:52 PM
(05-26-2015 12:17 PM)erilas Wrote:  A hardware reset and installing the new firmware again did not help.

Any help?

Neither of those would touch the flash "hard drive". You can wipe out all memory by doing an ON-APPS-ESC (all 3 together) and release. That will wipe everything out in your memory.

If you have anything you want to keep, I'd recommend connecting to a PC and using the connectivity kit to make a backup.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-26-2015, 04:00 PM
I tried the On-Apps-Esc method to clear the flash memory. It deleted everything except the double app!
05-26-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 04:24 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(05-26-2015 04:00 PM)erilas Wrote:  I tried the On-Apps-Esc method to clear the flash memory. It deleted everything except the double app!

Ok, so I am suspecting what you have here something related to the filesystem and the file is not being recognized, is marked as in use, etc. Thus when the ON-APPS-ESC runs, it tried to call the filesystem delete on that file and for some reason that fails/errors. I had a similar thing happen in my windows instance the other day and the only way to delete the thing was to install a special program that allowed the file to be wiped at a low level under safe boot mode...

Anyway, for you it will be much easier. Just reboot the system and hold the three keys with the orange C F O letters. This will get you into the factory test menu, and you can format the drive. No way the file will survive that.

Once you see the "EA656 DIAGNOSTIC" Screen Menu, press 4 for FLS Utility, 3 for Format Disk C

HP Prime reset to factory settings - Press 4 (FLS Utility), and then press 3 (Format Disk C), then ENTER. Once finished, press ESC to back out into the main menu and press 9 to reset and reboot.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-26-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi Tim,
many thanks. Now the double app disappeared.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)