Astro Lab 4 (Equinoxes and solstices!)
06-30-2015, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 04:47 PM by Marcel.)
Astro Lab 4 (Equinoxes and solstices!)
Hi!
I have post in the software section my astronomy program Astro Lab 4. This time, he can calculate the time of the equinoxes and solstices for a year. I choose to output the informations in the INFO part of a new apps call "Seasons View", because it is easy to navigate in this view.
Go and see, this is OK.
Marcel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 05:32 PM
RE: Astro Lab 4 (Equinoxes and solstices!)
(06-30-2015 04:46 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi!
I have post in the software section my astronomy program Astro Lab 4. This time, he can calculate the time of the equinoxes and solstices for a year. I choose to output the informations in the INFO part of a new apps call "Seasons View", because it is easy to navigate in this view.
Go and see, this is OK.
Marcel

yeah, good!
thank you.
Very useful also this ancillary app. Nice approach to have more apps as tools...

I'm also improving transit and other in mine program...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Hi Salvomic!
My way to see it is simple, Astro Lab will do the calculate part and other apps will show the results. This is not bad but the user must change the apps. It will be more simpler if we can change the apps by the program.
Marcel
06-30-2015, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 06:10 PM by salvomic.)
(06-30-2015 05:59 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi Salvomic!
My way to see it is simple, Astro Lab will do the calculate part and other apps will show the results. This is not bad but the user must change the apps. It will be more simpler if we can change the apps by the program.
Marcel

I hope we could find a way to do that, but for now it's already good so.
I've "copied" some part of your method, even to unify the style of program and app, so the user can use them together and have a nice experience from this use.

PS: I need your help with transit function: for now by me it gives precise (almost precise) results with Sun, relatively precision with Planet, and a strange "random" erro of ±10-15 min with rising or setting of the Moon, but not always. Sure I made some error (and for now I'm simplified a bit, don't using interpolation); maybe you can see the error first than myself ;-)
(I'm using the book of Meeus, pag. 97-99 for this purpose)
Then I'll pass to perigee/apogee and other things...

What a pity we haven't astrological/astronomical symbols in the Prime, however Smile

Have a nice starred evening!

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
06-30-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 06:35 PM by Marcel.)
Hi
Rising, transit and setting is my next function... This is a difficult one. When I do it last year on Mathematica I use the interpolation. The problem is that the time for the three moments are not always in the same cycle for the object. The Sun is not a problem because it always rise in the morning. But a planet can rise at 23 hours and set a 7 hours the next day. In that case the program will not calculate these two moment because the occur at two differents days. Here the user must understand this concept.
Marcel
06-30-2015, 07:25 PM
(06-30-2015 06:34 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi
Rising, transit and setting is my next function... This is a difficult one. When I do it last year on Mathematica I use the interpolation. The problem is that the time for the three moments are not always in the same cycle for the object. The Sun is not a problem because it always rise in the morning. But a planet can rise at 23 hours and set a 7 hours the next day. In that case the program will not calculate these two moment because the occur at two differents days. Here the user must understand this concept.
Marcel

I know it's a bit tricky.
For the Moon is very hard to do, if one wants precise results.
We must calculate a "standard" height for the body and for the Moon this is connected to parallax also...
I'm doing a separate function but perhaps I must also separate RA/declination from Sun, Moon, Planet to can use interpolation...

For now my program returns "almost right" results, I think...

06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Hi Salvomic
To check for exact results, you can go on this site:
http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomic...a-services
This is one of the best...
Marcel
06-30-2015, 07:47 PM
(06-30-2015 07:41 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi Salvomic
To check for exact results, you can go on this site:
http://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astronomic...a-services
This is one of the best...
Marcel

ok, thank you, I'll use it.

07-01-2015, 12:05 PM
hi Marcel,
I've rewrite transit with interpolation and now it works better, more precise!

Salvo

07-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Hi Salvomic,
I am happy for you. This is great when we check our program and when it give the good response! This is like when we have a A+ or 100% at school.
Marcel
07-01-2015, 01:14 PM
(07-01-2015 12:11 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi Salvomic,
I am happy for you. This is great when we check our program and when it give the good response! This is like when we have a A+ or 100% at school.
Marcel

hi, I agree Smile
I've put the new version (reviewed) into the Library Section...
I'm improving precision for Soon and Moon Ah coordinates then I'll pass over with other routines...

I want to get A+, yes :-)
(or at least B--)

Salvo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)