HP Prime still Randomly Reboots
07-07-2015, 05:10 PM
HP Prime still Randomly Reboots
Hey everybody Smile

First of all I'm glad for having the last firmware 8151, it has interesting new features.

But I notices something since some firmwares before the last one. When I'm working with a lot of simbols, I mean with larges equation with differentes linear variables (not x^2 or y^2), and when I use the command LinSolve, the HP Prime reboots it self and start with all the Command Window cleared Confused !!

I use "LinSolve" and "FSolve" to solve linear equation for my Electronic courses, I need them to find the Currents in a Mesh, using Mesh Analysis. As you know, the variables are linear. But the Prime is still buggy and I can't solve the equation because of the random reboots :/

I found a bug in the last firmware, when I have a large equation and use LinSolve, the solutions appears in function of other variables Confused There is no numeric solutions :/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 07:41 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: HP Prime still Randomly Reboots
Please provide some examples if possible and we can look at addressing things. Without that, it is very hard to find what you might be hitting so we can address it.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-07-2015, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 09:22 PM by Marcelo Vanti.)
RE: HP Prime still Randomly Reboots
Hi,
the following code crashes the calculator anytime it run from the toolbox/user menu. If I launch from the program menu, it runs normally. I don't know if I missing something.
Also, in the emulator the same thing happens.
My prime resets too when I try to find the eigenvalues of the 5x5 matrix
[0,1,0,0,0;
1,0,1,0,0;
0,1,0,1,0;
0,0,1,0,1;
0,0,0,1,0]
as discussed in other thread in this forum.
I'm using 8151 revision.
Correction. This happens with EiGENVAL command. With eigenvals command, it works correctly.
Code:
EXPORT TEST()
BEGIN
F1:="X^2";

STARTAPP("Function");
CHECK(1);

//
Xmin:=−3;
Xmax:=3;
Ymin:=−.5;
Ymax:=12;

STARTVIEW(1,1);
END;

Marcelo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)