CASIO CLASSWIZ fx-991EX
08-15-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: CASIO CLASSWIZ fx-991EX
After trying multiple times, I could verify it gives almost the same answer for FIX 9, which is 78,626.50397.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi Gerald,

My unit does not have an alpha choice above square root, only shift to get cube root.
08-15-2015, 03:35 PM
(08-15-2015 03:27 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  Hi Gerald,

My unit does not have an alpha choice above square root, only shift to get cube root.

There must be country specific requirements for different functionality? Exam regulations?
08-16-2015, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2015 07:52 AM by jebem.)
(08-14-2015 12:35 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  When doing a version check, pressing shift,7,on...if I then press 8 instead of 9, I get a list of items that may relate to key definitions...do you (Jebem, Gerald) know what this material is? Does it allow for operations to be allowed or traded off for other operations?

As I referred on my other post, this seems to be a self-test menu as well.

However it is not documented anywhere, except on a few sites like TI-PLANET that refers it on the fly in an absolute non official way.
Also, it seems there are different key combinations to access the self tests and different diagnostic features depending on the firmware revision.
One has to try and see.

On more interesting "feature" also discussed earlier in sites such as TI-PLANET for other Casio machines, is the possibility to setup different Casio models by just opening the case and remove a copper trace/add a wire/resistor.
The Classwiz uses several different firmware revisions already, so this would make this investigation even more interesting!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried the spreadsheet mode since this is one of its much lauded features? Does it retain the spreadsheet contents when you exit the spreadsheet mode or power off?

(I have one of these beasties on the way to me in the UK from an eBay seller in India, btw., since it doesn't seem to be officially available here yet.)
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
(09-03-2015 05:31 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  Has anyone tried the spreadsheet mode since this is one of its much lauded features? Does it retain the spreadsheet contents when you exit the spreadsheet mode or power off?
Answering my own question, no it doesn't retain any spreadsheet contents when you leave spreadsheet mode or power off the calculator (or if it powers itself off). I kind of expected that, but it probably renders the function not terribly useful. (Pressing the ON button in spreadsheet mode also clears the spreadsheet contents, but that's a reasonable feature.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)