Searching Catalog with Initial Letter
01-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Searching Catalog with Initial Letter
When I want to call up a function from the Prime Catalog (say Zeta() ), I open the catalog and press Alpha Z to jump to the z's. Problem is, I have to press alpha-z at least 2 or 3 times before the z-functions come up. Any one else have this problem?
NEVER had this problem, on the 50g or the nSpire.

I'm a math teacher. Of course I have problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2014, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 06:21 AM by patrice.)
RE: Searching Catalog with Initial Letter
Quote:When I want to call up a function from the Prime Catalog (say Zeta() ), I open the catalog and press Alpha Z to jump to the z's.
When you enter in catalog, you are already in Alpha mode, so just press 'z' and you are done.
You can read http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-430.html

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
01-19-2014, 06:50 AM
You may also scroll down the catalog list with your finger on the touchscreen.
And also, you may also enter the first two letters (very quickly).
01-20-2014, 06:23 AM
(01-19-2014 06:19 AM)patrice Wrote:  
Quote:When I want to call up a function from the Prime Catalog (say Zeta() ), I open the catalog and press Alpha Z to jump to the z's.
When you enter in catalog, you are already in Alpha mode, so just press 'z' and you are done.
You can read http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-430.html

Thanks a bunch, I missed that post!

I'm a math teacher. Of course I have problems.
01-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Another tip which Joe shared with me is that you can type more than just the first letter -- just don't leave too much of a delay between keypresses. This makes the search much faster if there happen to be many commands that start with the same letter.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-21-2014, 04:04 AM
And if anyone wants to give feedback on the behavior, feel free. Currently, it will clear after 1.5s which is roughly the same as what I saw in the 50g I think. Note the ALPHA indicator is on when you enter the catalog specifically to indicate that alpha mode is active and ready to accept characters to search. In other choosers, you may still press ALPHA and type to jump around.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)