Can anyone recommend an Android ZIP App?
09-10-2015, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:43 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Can anyone recommend an Android ZIP App?
My current Android complains that it doesn't know what a ZIP is and refuses to download one.

Which is puzzling because my old phone would download a ZIP which I could then Bluetooth to the PC.

But know I need two things..
1 an App or hidden setting to persuade the phone to download a ZIP.
2 an App to unzip
3 and maybe a file manager, so I can delete everything else in the ZIP except HP Prime programs. Quickoffice sees pdf's etc. but not all files.

I've noticed that some programs in the Prime library are zipped, whereas others I can cut and paste OK. Otherwise I would not need to do step 2 on the phone (unless I waned to unzip non-prime-stuff).

I am on a limited data allowance so want something that isn't going to eat into that by uploading to do file conversion or ads.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Can anyone recommend an Android ZIP App?
(09-10-2015 07:24 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  My current Android complains that it doesn't know what a ZIP is and refuses to download one.

Really strange...

(09-10-2015 07:24 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  3 and maybe a file manager, so I can delete everything else in the ZIP except HP Prime programs. Quickoffice sees pdf's etc. but not all files.

This has an internal zip manager.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-10-2015, 11:35 AM
(09-10-2015 08:25 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  This has an internal zip manager.

I agree - fantastic file manager for Android. All my android devices have this App on them.

In case anyone is wondering, "This" is referring to ES File Explorer File Manager by EStrongs. This is one of the best (if not the best) File Managers for Android.

I never realized it did Zip Files, since I have never copy Zip files to my devices. So I learned something new about it today. I may start using this feature since I something have large reference files that could be zipped up until I need to reference them.

Thanks,

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
09-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Well, I thought my phone wouldn't download ZIPs - I was wrong.

Just did it by accident - clicked on a link that happened to be a ZIP and it downloaded.
Quickoffice won't open it, but I can at least get it to the phone.

Now if only the Prime emulator could read them...

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)