Another Prime story
09-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Another Prime story
Yesterday being my birthday, I finally splurged and picked up a G8X92AA Prime. Best Buy had them on sale for $135, so I saved a little money as well.

When I got home I unboxed it and started pushing buttons. My initial impression was that it was a nice looking unit (though I agree that the blue and orange could've been better chosen). The Prime responded quickly to my inputs, though I admit I was a little lost. Went through a few of the apps, and especially liked the Advanced Graphing app; mainly because it's the easiest to understand without reading the manual.

Having read warnings about the Connectivity software, I immediately went on line and downloaded the latest version to my Win8.1 desktop. Of course the install failed, because I had mistakenly downloaded the upgrade file. I noticed reading the installation log that the installer had set a restore point. So I restored my computer to its previous pristine state.

Then I stooped to using the included CD to install the Connectivity software. The installation went perfectly and I immediately upgraded the calculator, desktop software and Prime to the latest software versions. Everything went smoothly and my Prime is working perfectly as far as I can tell.

The only hitch came when I screwed up, so I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with it so far. Now on to learning how to use it.

Cheers,
Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2015, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 03:34 AM by Skyblues.)
RE: Another Prime story
Happy Birthday, Brad!

I hope you enjoy your new Prime as much as I do mine. I got mine last Father's Day. I love that calculator.

I keep going back and forth between my Prime and 50G. I like them both equally although they are quite different.

Jim
09-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Happy birthday, Brad!

I just recently got my HP Prime, as well, and some of my newbie questions are posted around here on the forum. I am loving my Prime, and I hope that you get a kick out of yours, too.

smp
09-14-2015, 03:54 PM
Good for you Brad. I was an early adopter in 2013. It does have a fairly steep learning curve but the on board help is decent.

When you (or others) feel up to it, try this brain teaser which can be solved in CAS and if you want a nice set of plots, the function APP.

Enjoy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)