HP-71B and PILBox
12-06-2015, 06:02 PM
HP-71B and PILBox
Two and a half years ago, I acquired my first HP-71B and looked around for a reasonable method to store my programs (Even then eBay prices were climbing through the roof for HP-IL peripherals).

I found out about Jean-Francois' PILBox, contacted him and he sold me one.

Now, all this time later, I have come back around to playing with my HP-71B, and I decided it was time to try the PILBox instead of my HP-9114 disk drive.

After I dug out all my old documents and verified them against what's up on the JeffCalc web site now, I finally got up the gumption to cut my spare 0.5M HP-IL cable in half and attach it to the PILBox. I had some adventure getting the FTDI drivers installed into Windows 7 running on Parallels on my MacBook Pro, and I probably gave away my life story to Microsoft during the driver installation, but they only know about my HP Prime Connectivity toolkit and the ILPer software, so far.

I am up and running! Unlimited virtual tape storage! Virtual printer!

WHOO HOO!

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: HP-71B and PILBox
(12-06-2015 06:02 PM)smp Wrote:  I probably gave away my life story to Microsoft during the driver installation

Giving it away to Apple is fine, though...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2015, 09:08 PM
(12-06-2015 07:36 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Giving it away to Apple is fine, though...

Sure... what would be wrong with that?

;-)

smp
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
(12-06-2015 09:08 PM)smp Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 07:36 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Giving it away to Apple is fine, though...

Sure... what would be wrong with that?

;-)

smp

Just everything. :)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)