graphing slopes
04-23-2016, 06:52 AM
graphing slopes
when graphing a slope, is there a way to display a dashed line or solid line when appropriate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: graphing slopes
The Apps Library generally uses colors to distinguish each expression. However, as you gain device experience, you may encounter a situation where you absolutely want a certain format. With that you "could" produce your own display, using the feature-set of the ppl programming language. That would be way too involved for a quick solver plot, though. My only point here is that many things can be done, to extend basic features, when the end justifies the means.

-Dale-
04-23-2016, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2016 11:52 AM by Fortin.)
(04-23-2016 06:52 AM)SalivationArmy Wrote:  when graphing a slope, is there a way to display a dashed line or solid line when appropriate.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but... In the Function app, Fcn->Tangent turns the 'slope' line on/off. This can be used in combination with the numeric value displayed by 'slope'.
04-23-2016, 06:09 PM
In the Function app, Fcn->Tangent turns the 'slope' line on/off. This can be used in combination with the numeric value displayed by 'slope'.

sorry to be stupid but the only step I can follow on this is Apps:Function

nothing else you said matches what I can see.
04-23-2016, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2016 06:20 PM by DrD.)
Enter a function expression in the Function App. Then go to the [Plot] screen. There is a black [Fcn] soft key. Select that, and choose item number 8.

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)