HP15C alive again
06-04-2016, 08:38 AM
HP15C alive again
A colleague had a HP15C not working for years. It was dead. For 2 years ago I tried getting it to work by opening it and investigating. I could not see anything obvious. Just checked connections etc. I inserted new batteries as well, but no success.
I just put it in my drawer at work, did not want to throw it away.
Then yesterday I just had the idea to put new batteries in and I was very surprised to see it suddenly worked. Wow. Lets see for how long?

Its made in USA serial no: 2443A03887

/Andreas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2016, 08:44 AM
RE: HP15C alive again
Congratulations! Enjoy!

d:-)
06-04-2016, 09:56 AM
(06-04-2016 08:38 AM)Graan Wrote:  A colleague had a HP15C not working for years. It was dead. For 2 years ago I tried getting it to work by opening it and investigating. I could not see anything obvious. Just checked connections etc. I inserted new batteries as well, but no success.
I just put it in my drawer at work, did not want to throw it away.
Then yesterday I just had the idea to put new batteries in and I was very surprised to see it suddenly worked.

Is this maybe a similar case (message #16):
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...read=62992
06-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Well Leonid, I cannot remember what batteries were inside the calculator 2 years ago . I removed them, but the ones I inserted now was LR44. So it might have been the same issue as post #16. Only way to figure out is to insert some SO batteries.
06-06-2016, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016 01:54 AM by BobVA.)
(06-04-2016 11:37 AM)Marcio Wrote:  It's not longer the near-mint 15C I was proud to own. Couldn't believe my eyes when I turned it over to see info on its back. Still can't.

Bummer! If schadenfreude is of any solace:

The 15C was pretty popular where I went to school, so I took mine to a jewelers and asked them to engrave my initials next to the HP logo, with letters of the same, or smaller, height.

When I got it back somebody had apparently decided that I *really* didn't know what I wanted, and made the initials nearly the full height of the bezel :-(

Upside is, nobody every mistook it for theirs. (Now I just have to wait for Geoff to retire and get bored so I can get him to replace it.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)