Edit protection for fomula's in sover app
10-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Edit protection for fomula's in sover app
Hi I am currently testdriving on the emulator and maybe the real thing is better in this?
When I have a set of equations saved in a separate app.
When I open this, it is to easy to edit that by accident.
IS there any edit protection for those formula's?

Greets
Bert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Edit protection for fomula's in sover app
There is not. It is a suggestion for future improvement, but has not been implemented yet.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-13-2016, 09:23 PM
This would be high on my list and could be something that is pretty easy to realize.
Just have an option in the solver app to lock/unlock the equationset. Could be just a semaphore I think.
If this was in the prime would not have hesitated to get one.
Coming from the HP27S the possibility to have multiple 'solver apps' with named eqution sets is really a big step forward. But most times these equations are not the simple A+B=C/D type. Then it is pretty frustrating if you by accident lose an equation. I did not find a CTRL-Z either.

Also testdriving a HP50 which I borrowed from someone who only does basic calculations. But I get the feeling there will be no bond between us. I get lost every time and many things are not intuitive for meConfused
10-18-2016, 07:22 PM
One possible solution is to write a small program that recall SOLVE Application and assign the correct values to the variables. something like this:
Code:

EXPORT rtd()
BEGIN
STARTAPP("Solve");
A := 3.9083ᴇ−3;
B := 5.775ᴇ−8;
P := 100;
T := 0;
R := 0;
"R=P*(1+A*T+B*T^2)"▶E1;
PRINT();
PRINT("R = Ohm Value");
PRINT("A = 0.0039083");
PRINT("T = Temperature");
PRINT("B = -0.00000005775");
PRINT("T = RTD Type");
END;
This is an equation that I use often in my job. In this way you assign the values to the variables each time that you recall the program.

bye!!
10-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Hi another (I think easy ) solution could be:

If there is a formula entered in one of the fields just ask if you want to edit the formula or not.

Just similar to when you add an variable to the memory.

I am not looking for a way to assign certain fixed variables to the formula's , just a means to protect the formula itself
10-18-2016, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 07:39 PM by simone_71.)
Just write down the formulas in the program. Do not write, if you don't need, the values assignment. In this way all the formulas will be write every time you launch the program "assign"

Code:

EXPORT assign()
BEGIN
STARTAPP("Solve");
"expression"▶E1;
"expression"▶E2;
"expression"▶E3;
"expression"▶E4;
END;

I think is not possible to ask every time the permission to overwrite, otherwise you cannot manage the apps into the programs!!
Same thing for the Vriables: I never saw that you have ask tho change the variable value.
10-18-2016, 07:50 PM
hi .

You can create notes where you store your equations . Just copy and paste when you need them .
10-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi Simone,
When I want tu use Rp in my formula I firts have to create this variable by storing this variable. On enter you get the question if you want to add this variable.

In my HP27 (which I need to replace) when I select a formula, I can edit or solve the equation so you never edit by accident.
and I have about 50 formula's in my list on the HP27, which grows over time.
The grouping of certain formula's in a separate app is a great function I thinkSmile

Creating a program like you describe may be en nice work around that I will try.
but never before had to write a program for such beforeWink

(10-18-2016 07:36 PM)simone_71 Wrote:  Same thing for the Vriables: I never saw that you have ask tho change the variable value.
10-21-2016, 08:12 PM
(10-18-2016 07:22 PM)simone_71 Wrote:  One possible solution is to write a small program that recall SOLVE Application and assign the correct values to the variables. something like this:
Code:

EXPORT rtd()
BEGIN
STARTAPP("Solve");
A := 3.9083ᴇ−3;
B := 5.775ᴇ−8;
P := 100;
T := 0;
R := 0;
"R=P*(1+A*T+B*T^2)"▶E1;
PRINT();
PRINT("R = Ohm Value");
PRINT("A = 0.0039083");
PRINT("T = Temperature");
PRINT("B = -0.00000005775");
PRINT("T = RTD Type");
END;
This is an equation that I use often in my job. In this way you assign the values to the variables each time that you recall the program.

bye!!

Very nice idea!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)