New bug in NOTES - Firmware 10637
10-21-2016, 01:47 PM
New bug in NOTES - Firmware 10637
In NOTES, when we write can change lines.
But when we enter an equation, it is not possible to change line or move cursor.
In previous versions, it did not happen

[Image: bugnot10.png]

Leo

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: New bug in NOTES - Firmware 10637
Quote:when we enter an equation, it is not possible to change line or move cursor.
Hi,

When I do an "Insert", "Formula" I get into equation writing mode. When I'm finished, it looks like an extra cursor-right at the end of the equation will end equation mode and return to text entry. Cursor up or down just moves within the equation. Does that work on your calculator?

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2016, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 07:01 PM by jrozsas.)
Yes. After you insert the equation you can not write a line below using ENTER.

Leo

10-26-2016, 04:36 PM
You are right Leo,
you can not "go down" after a formula, so you can not add a new line.
If there is already a line after the formula you can go down and insert a new line by hitting return at the beginning of the line, but if your note ends with an equation you can not enter a new line at the end of the note.
As a workaround you can write the line after the formula first and insert the formula afterwards. Not very comfortable but it works...
10-26-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 05:11 PM by jrozsas.)
retoa, What is strange is that a function that was no problem now has a bug after the update.

Leo

10-26-2016, 06:13 PM
(10-26-2016 04:36 PM)retoa Wrote:  You are right Leo,
If there is already a line after the formula you can go down and insert a new line by hitting return at the beginning of the line, but if your note ends with an equation you can not enter a new line at the end of the note.
As a workaround you can write the line after the formula first and insert the formula afterwards. Not very comfortable but it works...

I am still not seeing this on any version (hardware, app, etc). Can you try pressing the RIGHT arrow key one more time to get out of the "equation" node. I believe you are still in it. Once you are out of the node, it is back in text mode and editing resumes like normal.

I should probably add in an ALG status symbol up in the header so you'll at least see a change here. Also probably need to add some more padding so you'd visibly see the cursor jump out.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-27-2016, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2016 09:04 AM by jrozsas.)
(10-26-2016 06:13 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(10-26-2016 04:36 PM)retoa Wrote:  You are right Leo,

I am still not seeing this on any version (hardware, app, etc). Can you try pressing the RIGHT arrow key one more time to get out of the "equation" node. I believe you are still in it. Once you are out of the node, it is back in text mode and editing resumes like normal.
Hi Tim,
In previous versions, after entering a formula, and clicking to the right, the cursor already leave the formula. Pressing ENTER, it would be possible to re-issue.
After the update 10637, you now need to click more than once to return to edit and insert a new row with ENTER.

Leo

10-27-2016, 09:26 AM
This is a part of a video of a lesson where I explain to students how to make notes. It was recorded with the previous firmware (8151).

Leo

10-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes Tim,

if I press twice the right arrow and then enter it works

Thank you
10-27-2016, 04:30 PM
I will try to look at why it may have changed then I guess. Thanks!

I actually do think the behavior is correct as now though. You should remain in that node until fully out of it. Perhaps the ENTER key was forcing an exit before...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)