Shiping costs USA to Germany.
11-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Shiping costs USA to Germany.
I have accidentally bought a computer mouse in the US. Acidentailly because I typed the amount into the wrong box in my sniper tool...
Anyhow. I don't intend to pay $25 on the ebay global shipping program to get an item I payed 1 cent for. What would be realistic shipping costs and which courier would you use? I'll ask if the seller can ship directly to me.
Alternatively I'll paypal him the one cent and ask him to bin the mouse...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Shiping costs USA to Germany.
(11-04-2016 07:50 PM)Harald Wrote:  I have accidentally bought a computer mouse in the US. Acidentailly because I typed the amount into the wrong box in my sniper tool...
Anyhow. I don't intend to pay $25 on the ebay global shipping program to get an item I payed 1 cent for. What would be realistic shipping costs and which courier would you use? I'll ask if the seller can ship directly to me.

I've shipped to Germany from NY several times this year, via USPS, and the lowest cost option always seems to be > $20. Though it often changes, when I checked, USPS was lower cost than UPS or Fed-X. I don't have access to DHL or other international shippers, so can't offer advice about.

I'd say bin it. How else can you cause such utter confusion with an eBay seller for only $ 0.01 ? Smile

--Bob Prosperi
11-04-2016, 08:59 PM
(11-04-2016 08:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 07:50 PM)Harald Wrote:  I have accidentally bought a computer mouse in the US. Acidentailly because I typed the amount into the wrong box in my sniper tool...

I've shipped to Germany from NY several times this year, via USPS, and the lowest cost option always seems to be > $20. Though it often changes, when I checked, USPS was lower cost than UPS or Fed-X. I don't have access to DHL or other international shippers, so can't offer advice about.

I'd say bin it. How else can you cause such utter confusion with an eBay seller for only $ 0.01 ? Smile

He cancelled the transaction.
I thought I just din't find the right solution. All I found was $20+ as well.
Strange. I could ship for <$5 from Germany to the US. Which would be ok if I could get the mouse for that...
11-04-2016, 09:58 PM
(11-04-2016 08:59 PM)Harald Wrote:  Strange. I could ship for <$5 from Germany to the US. Which would be ok if I could get the mouse for that...

I found a USPS first-class package international rate of $13.50 for 8oz in a small box.
11-04-2016, 10:49 PM
(11-04-2016 08:59 PM)Harald Wrote:  He cancelled the transaction.
I thought I just din't find the right solution. All I found was $20+ as well.
Strange. I could ship for <$5 from Germany to the US. Which would be ok if I could get the mouse for that...
That is probably via surface (ship) and take many weeks. USPS has eliminated all surface shipping to Europe, except for larger freight.

(11-04-2016 09:58 PM)cruff Wrote:  I found a USPS first-class package international rate of $13.50 for 8oz in a small box.

Could be, I never looked into pkgs that light. Knowing this could be useful in the future, thanks for sharing this.

--Bob Prosperi
11-05-2016, 04:00 AM
This site may be beneficial:
https://ircalc.usps.com/Mobile/Default.aspx
11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
The problem seems to be that there are no good options for items of low value.
The 8 oz are probably not enough.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)