Saving a graph created in the function app
12-29-2016, 12:19 AM
Saving a graph created in the function app
I asked this question before but I failed to mention that I am a new Prime user and in all honesty, I did not understand the replies so I will try to clarify my predicament. I have created a graph that I wish to keep but am unable to find a method for saving it. I have a MacBook Pro and am using the new connectivity kit for MAC OS. Is there a way of saving my work to the Prime calculator, the Connectivity Kit, or my MacBook Pro and then restore it back to the Prime? As previously stated I am a Prime novice and a simple explanation would be appreciated. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2016, 09:47 AM
RE: Saving a graph created in the function app
When you first bring up the [Apps] library, on the bottom left side is a soft key marked [Save]. That should do the trick for you ...

Essentially you are making a copy of the app, using your chosen name, and the contents will remain as saved, until intervention of some sort. Furthermore, with the connectivity kit, left pane, applications library, you can "drag and drop" the saved application, (similarly for other things), to other connected devices. Or clone the emulator to the hardware device, etc.

-Dale-
12-29-2016, 08:23 PM
DrD,
Thanks. This seems to be the best solution. Appreciate your help.
01-02-2017, 05:52 AM
Hello,

It depends on what you mean by "saving the graph".

Do you want to save the picture of the graph? or do you want to save the symbolic definition of the graph, allowing you to restart your mathematical work with it in the future?

If the first:
If you have a con kit, then the best is to connect the calc to the computer and use the "Get screen capture" menu that you get by right clicking on the calculator in the calculator pane.
If you use an emulator, there is a screen capture option there also.
If you are ON the calculator itself, you can also make a screen copy, but it is a little bit more difficult.

If the second, then as stated above, you need to copy the "function" app that contains your definition. You can then later "restart" that copied app and continue working. use the save button in the app screen when pointing at your app of interest and name it. This will create a copy of the app, with anything that you have entered in it.

Happy new year,
Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
01-18-2017, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 09:56 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
[Deleted: some stuff meant for another thread]

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)