First HP-97 simulator for iPad
02-25-2014, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 03:32 PM by Willy R. Kunz.)
First HP-97 simulator for iPad
I'm pleased to announce RPN-97 Pro, currently the only HP-97 simulator available on the iTunes Store. It's fully compatible with the HP-67 simulator RPN-67 Pro. Virtual program and data cards may be easily exchanged between the two calculators.

Anecdotal aside: Apple initially rejected RPN-97 Pro because it "downloaded and executed code". Only after I explained to them that a HP-97 program is basically a sequence of automated calculator keyboard punches did they accept it.

For details, check out my homepage.

Screenshots:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: First HP-97 simulator for iPad
I bought the HP-97 Pro software. My first oibservation is that I cannot readily use the HP-67 Pro "cards" that I have already downloaded. Can you allow the two apps to share magnetic cards in an update??

The HP-97 layout is smaller than the full-screen HP-67 which I LOOOOOOVE!!!

Cheers,

Namir
02-27-2014, 11:13 AM
(02-26-2014 03:33 PM)Namir Wrote:  I bought the HP-97 Pro software. My first oibservation is that I cannot readily use the HP-67 Pro "cards" that I have already downloaded. Can you allow the two apps to share magnetic cards in an update??

The HP-97 layout is smaller than the full-screen HP-67 which I LOOOOOOVE!!!

Cheers,

Namir

Full card compatibility between RPN-67 Pro and RPN-97 Pro is a main feature of these apps. I use it all the time. Please use the Contact link on my homepage so we can figure out via e-mail why it doesn't work in your case.

Cheers,
Willy
02-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Congratulations Willy, on a beautiful calculator! It may be a while before I get to try it as my 1st Gen iPad uses iOS 5.x. However I checked it out in the App Store and it looks impressive!

Regards, Bob
02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Willy,

Does the transfer of magnetic card programs between the 67 and 97 occur via iTunes software (using drag and drop?)? I have not tried using iTunes yet. I do have the iPad 3 and the iPad Air with both the 67 Pro and 97 Pro installed on both.

Namir
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
(02-28-2014 12:46 PM)Namir Wrote:  Willy,

Does the transfer of magnetic card programs between the 67 and 97 occur via iTunes software (using drag and drop?)? I have not tried using iTunes yet. I do have the iPad 3 and the iPad Air with both the 67 Pro and 97 Pro installed on both.

Namir

Namir,

Exactly. That's the way to transfer cards between different installations of RPN-67 Pro and RPN-97 Pro, and also how to import cards downloaded from my site. As with real HP-67/97 calculators, keycode translation occurs automatically.
Details are described here: http://www.cuveesoft.ch/rpn67/p05.html

Willy
03-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks Willy. I think my problem should be solved. I am away from home, visiting my son, and I have mailed my iPad to his address. I should be getting it in a day or two and will use iTunes to transfer the HP-67 Pro programs to the HP-97 Pro.

Namir

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)