What constitute a collection?
03-03-2017, 07:18 PM
What constitute a collection?
Hello everyone.

I hope you are well.

I have been a follower of this forum for the past 6-7 years.

I love calculators, I have been in the pursuit of the best engineer calculator.

For my job, the TI-86 has been deemed the ultimate, dealing with complex and real calculations like no other, at a price achievable for most of the young folks.

Other ones, like the HP-42S, have been part of dream that never happened, as all HP I have ever acquired for a reasonable price seemed weak and not worth the expenditure.

What is a collection I ask? Is it what you could rest on and build a tower, or is what you could afford and show off?

Excuse my non-englishism, not a native.

Dalil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: What constitute a collection?
Hello!

(03-03-2017 07:18 PM)Dalil Wrote:  What is a collection I ask? Is it what you could rest on and build a tower, or is what you could afford and show off?

For me personally, strictly speaking for myself, a collection is any number of similar items which I have in my possession and which I do not really need or use, but value highly enough so I won't give them away. I have about 1000 calculators, some of which I could barely afford when I bought them, but which I never "showed off" nor ever will.

Regards
Max
03-03-2017, 09:01 PM
RE: What constitute a collection?
(03-03-2017 07:30 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Hello!

For me personally, strictly speaking for myself, a collection is any number of similar items which I have in my possession and which I do not really need or use, but value highly enough so I won't give them away. I have about 1000 calculators, some of which I could barely afford when I bought them, but which I never "showed off" nor ever will.

Regards
Max

You got it! I have an undetermined number of items which I may never use, but which I think I need to fulfill a need, so I could never give up, unless I feel it could change someone's life. I have at least 5 Ti85, I have given at least one to a colleague, after I thought I could convince him it was the best choice to understand engineering concepts ranging from Power Electronics to Machine design and Computer vision. What could be better, and most importantly, affordable?!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)