Poll: Would you like to 1) source your own boards and components, 2) order a PCB and source your own components, or c) order a kit
Source PCB and componets yourself
Order PCB and source components yourself
Order a kit
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WP34S USB and IR board release
02-06-2020, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2020 01:50 PM by Sadsilence.)
RE: WP34S USB and IR board release
Hi Leo, hi all,

as there is still interest in WP34S USB addon boards I have once more ordered a greater batch of components, that will arrive here in a few days. A greater batch leads to better prices. So here we are:

Price per unit:
a) PCB only: 3 €
b) DIY kit with PCB and components (incl. clock crystal/caps + IR LED): 7 €
c) Assembled and tested board with wires: 12 €

Shipping costs worldwide per order (up to 5 units):
7,20 € with tracking ID and insurance as registered aircushioned letter
3,70 € w/o tracking/insurance as aircushioned letter

Shipping costs Germany per order (up to 5 units):
3,75 € with tracking ID and insurance as registered aircushioned letter
1,55 € w/o tracking/insurance as aircushioned letter

Best regards,

Werner

(02-05-2020 09:21 AM)lgirardi Wrote:  Hello,

If anything is available at all (board, kit, assembled) I would be interested in 2 please.

Leo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Hello, Werner,

Thank you for your note - and my apologies, I just found the two red wires you mention in the bag of parts. I hadn't noticed that with one of your wire-equipped PCBs in there as well. Will add those to both machines.

The quality of Harald's design and your assembly of these is remarkable! Many thanks!

So many signals, so little bandwidth!
08-30-2020, 06:38 PM
Hi Werner,
are there still some kits available? If so, I would like to order an assembled kit to germany. IR Diode and crystal/capacitors included?

Thank you very much

Frank

(02-06-2020 10:57 AM)Sadsilence Wrote:  Hi Leo, hi all,

as there is still interest in WP34S USB addon boards I have once more ordered a greater batch of components, that will arrive here in a few days. A greater batch leads to better prices. So here we are:

Price per unit:
a) PCB only: 3 €
b) DIY kit with PCB and components (incl. clock crystal/caps + IR LED): 7 €
c) Assembled and tested board with wires: 12 €

Shipping costs worldwide per order (up to 5 units):
7,20 € with tracking ID and insurance as registered aircushioned letter
3,70 € w/o tracking/insurance as aircushioned letter

Shipping costs Germany per order (up to 5 units):
3,75 € with tracking ID and insurance as registered aircushioned letter
1,55 € w/o tracking/insurance as aircushioned letter

Best regards,

Werner

(02-05-2020 09:21 AM)lgirardi Wrote:  Hello,

If anything is available at all (board, kit, assembled) I would be interested in 2 please.

Leo
08-31-2020, 05:06 AM
Hallo Frank,

there are still enough components available. PM sent.

Grüße,

Werner

(08-30-2020 06:38 PM)froehlic Wrote:  Hi Werner,
are there still some kits available? If so, I would like to order an assembled kit to germany. IR Diode and crystal/capacitors included?

Thank you very much

Frank
09-14-2021, 05:32 AM
hello all -

Any more of the kits for the wp34s usb conversion available, or perhaps a bare board? i saw the design files earlier in the thread.
Also looking for a keyboard overlay. I have a new 30B I bought a while ago and was thinking i’d put it to use.

Thanks, Gregg
09-17-2021, 09:15 AM
(09-14-2021 05:32 AM)greggp Wrote:  hello all -

Any more of the kits for the wp34s usb conversion available, or perhaps a bare board? i saw the design files earlier in the thread.
Also looking for a keyboard overlay. I have a new 30B I bought a while ago and was thinking i’d put it to use.

Thanks, Gregg

Werner ("Sadsilence") should still have some. If he doesn't read it, I'll send him a message.
10-03-2021, 11:06 PM
Thanks Harald!
11-03-2021, 11:23 PM
I too would like to purchase a kit, and a pre-assembled wp34s programming cable.
I have two simple motivations:
1. There are lately an abundance of HP30B for sale on eBay. This is my opportunity to add wp34s to my collection.
2. Members of my local ham radio group have been building 122GHz radios based on a board. It will require LVTTL to be programmed. Not having done any electronics project, I hope that building the wp34s programming cable kit, and gaining some understanding on its working will prepare me to work on the microwave radio board after.
11-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Hello,

I can provide you with an USB addon DIY kit. With it's tiny SMD components it is perhaps not best starting point for solder career. On the other way addon board has an manageable number of components, so why not.

When it comes to programming cable I am out of play. There are many internet guides how to do it from complete board designs up to some loose cables combined with a paper clip.

(11-03-2021 11:23 PM)butforwales Wrote:  I too would like to purchase a kit, and a pre-assembled wp34s programming cable.
I have two simple motivations:
1. There are lately an abundance of HP30B for sale on eBay. This is my opportunity to add wp34s to my collection.
2. Members of my local ham radio group have been building 122GHz radios based on a board. It will require LVTTL to be programmed. Not having done any electronics project, I hope that building the wp34s programming cable kit, and gaining some understanding on its working will prepare me to work on the microwave radio board after.
11-04-2021, 11:15 PM
(11-04-2021 09:17 PM)Sadsilence Wrote:  When it comes to programming cable I am out of play. There are many internet guides how to do it from complete board designs up to some loose cables combined with a paper clip.

(11-03-2021 11:23 PM)butforwales Wrote:  I too would like to purchase a kit, and a pre-assembled wp34s programming cable.

Here's one DIY programming cable that uses Harald's programming adapter, based on Katie's original design.
https://hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-183-po...ml#pid4013

Improved plug.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-25...l#pid23831

Katie's original design.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...ead=229916

However, doesn't the USB board eliminate the need for a programming cable?
11-04-2021, 11:29 PM
(11-04-2021 11:15 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  However, doesn't the USB board eliminate the need for a programming cable?

yeah, I understood that you just need a micro usb cable like the one you can charge an old android phone with. I haven't modified my wp34s yet but that's what I was expecting.
11-05-2021, 05:00 PM
(11-04-2021 11:15 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  However, doesn't the USB board eliminate the need for a programming cable?

Indeed - that's the main feature of the USB board. It also eliminates the need for a compatible USB to serial converter that the HP programming cable required. It's a great addition to the WP 34S!

So many signals, so little bandwidth!
02-23-2022, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2022 02:27 PM by dchalm.)
Hello !

I see that this thread has been silent for almost a year but since I just discovered the WP 34S (I recently flashed a 30b to WP 34S, it's awesome) I was wondering if this PCB was still available and if it was possible to order it ?

Didier
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2022, 09:48 AM
Sorry for late reply. 2022 was not my calculator year...

There are still some WP34S USB PCBs plus material available. Prices are listed in my last post in this thread above.

(02-23-2022 01:13 PM)dchalm Wrote:  Hello !

I see that this thread has been silent for almost a year but since I just discovered the WP 34S (I recently flashed a 30b to WP 34S, it's awesome) I was wondering if this PCB was still available and if it was possible to order it ?
12-11-2022, 10:39 AM
(12-11-2022 09:48 AM)Sadsilence Wrote:  Sorry for late reply. 2022 was not my calculator year...

There are still some WP34S USB PCBs plus material available. Prices are listed in my last post in this thread above.

Hi ! Thank you for your reply...
I'm interested in 2 kits, I send you a PM.

Best regards,

Didier
12-11-2022, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately I did not get PM so far. Quite strange. There is enough PM space left. Does anybody has similiar experience?

Please use email address instead.

Thanks.

(12-11-2022 10:39 AM)dchalm Wrote:  Hi ! Thank you for your reply...
I'm interested in 2 kits, I send you a PM.

Best regards,
12-11-2022, 05:33 PM
My bad... PM sent.

Didier
12-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Hi there - in the market for 3 of them (kit or assembled - does not make a difference for me). Email sent.

Stay healthy and keep calculating,
Jan
12-12-2022, 06:30 PM
(12-12-2022 12:32 PM)JanS Wrote:  Hi there - in the market for 3 of them (kit or assembled - does not make a difference for me). Email sent.

Email answered ;-)
10-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Hello, If there are still kits available I'd like 2 of them. I'll send an e-mail.

Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)