Rpl emulator new update
05-22-2017, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 11:36 PM by ji3m.)
Rpl emulator new update
Saturday 27 update. See rpl updates file for details.
Mainly added define key function and some bug fixed.

Thursdays child 25may15 has a bunch of fixes and better error conrol. Much calmer.

May23 zip file retained since Backup and docs haven't changed.

Tuesdays child- Another set of bug fixes.
NOTEQ (<>) was broken. myUPPER/MYLOWER should now work on all versions.
I have added the zip file for today below

Anothe fix . If then end failed. Now fixed. But not empty clauses are not yet e
Allowed. E.g. if 3 == then else 33 end will fail. Will update later.
Rpl22may17.txt is latest version.

This attachment iwas wrong. I have updated the attachment

Attached File(s)
.zip  rpl23may17.zip (Size: 74.5 KB / Downloads: 11)
.txt  RPL25MAY17.txt (Size: 181.44 KB / Downloads: 21)
.zip  rpl27May17.zip (Size: 68.06 KB / Downloads: 22)

I work with android Prime only for now on my
Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Rpl emulator new update
I´ve tried to install it but no success. When I do a copy of solve app (change name and then copy the content ot fhe text on the program window), but when I press the new app it only launches the equation solver, nothing else. I´ve tried on my windows emultor and on my physical calc, but no way. What am I doing bad?
05-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Sorry but wrong file was uploaded. Correct ine is attached.
It is named rpl22may17.txt

Attached File(s)
.txt  RPL22MAY17.txt (Size: 179.39 KB / Downloads: 41)

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
05-22-2017, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 09:28 PM by akmon.)
Ok, working now, I´m gonna try it. Thank you.
05-22-2017, 09:32 PM
(05-22-2017 09:03 PM)akmon Wrote:  I´ve tried to install it but no success. When I do a copy of solve app (change name and then copy the content ot fhe text on the program window), but when I press the new app it only launches the equation solver, nothing else. I´ve tried on my windows emultor and on my physical calc, but no way. What am I doing bad?

Ive only done it on the android prime emulator.
1. Save any app under new name like RPLAPP
2. Go to that app, programs and edit it. Delete the stub program
3. Switch to android text editor (jotta + for me). Open the file rpl22may17.txt
4. Select all and the choose copy
5. Switch back to prime emulator
6. From left slide controls in. Choose edit then paste.This gets rpl app loaded
7. Select check whis compiles app and should say no errors
8. Escape from edit mode
9. Hit app button then select the rpl app. Thid should initialize rpl
10. You should now see the symbol screen for the app
11. Press VIEW to start the rpl code
12. Press VIEW ESC to exit rpl

BTW the same procedure is used to load the backup file but to the Notes directory.
When the rpl app is started it will recover the data then delete the backup file.

Sorry if this seems way complicated but ive done it so much i dont even blink anymore.
Something sumilar should work on windows.

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
05-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Very neat! I haven't had a chance to fully explore yet, but did want to let you know that I have it working on both the Windows 10 emulator and on my physical Prime (latest SW version). I did encounter one error when running Check on line 2499. I ended up commenting out the line, and things seemed OK. Here's the context of the error (see commented out line, fourth from bottom):

Code:

IF ((CXSTATE=="then")AND(MOTHER=="if") )
  THEN  
   CASE
    IF T(2)=="end" 
     THEN  
debug; //if compile
      CLOSEAS(DOINNERCOL,1); // real secondary, semi rqd
      //cmd(T(2));
      CLOSEAS(DOIF,0);  // semi required!!!!! 
     END;                   //// bug alert else does not require single object.
    IF T(2)=="else"     
     THEN  
debug;
      CLOSEAS(DOINNERCOL,1);
      //cmd("else");
      OPENCLAUSE(T(2));  // can remove later
     END;
//debug
    DEFAULT SERR(T);
   END;
  END;

Hope this helps!
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
05-22-2017, 09:47 PM
(05-22-2017 09:37 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Very neat! I haven't had a chance to fully explore yet, but did want to let you know that I have it working on both the Windows 10 emulator and on my physical Prime (latest SW version). I did encounter one error when running Check on line 2499. I ended up commenting out the line, and things seemed OK. Here's the context of the error (see commented out line, fourth from bottom):

Code:

IF ((CXSTATE=="then")AND(MOTHER=="if") )
  THEN  
   CASE
    IF T(2)=="end" 
     THEN  
debug; //if compile
      CLOSEAS(DOINNERCOL,1); // real secondary, semi rqd
      //cmd(T(2));
      CLOSEAS(DOIF,0);  // semi required!!!!! 
     END;                   //// bug alert else does not require single object.
    IF T(2)=="else"     
     THEN  
debug;
      CLOSEAS(DOINNERCOL,1);
      //cmd("else");
      OPENCLAUSE(T(2));  // can remove later
     END;
//debug
    DEFAULT SERR(T);
   END;
  END;

Hope this helps!
~Mark

Unfortunately i uploaded the wrong file that still had the error you found. Tye the latest file Rpl22may17.txt which should have the fixes.

There is another bug in PPL on the android version. The functions UPPER and LOWER for strings lose the first character. If the real prime or windows version dont have this error then my fix will fail. Let me know how the functions work on the real prime and i will make a better workaround.

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
05-23-2017, 07:13 PM
(05-22-2017 09:47 PM)ji3m Wrote:  There is another bug in PPL on the android version. The functions UPPER and LOWER for strings lose the first character. If the real prime or windows version dont have this error then my fix will fail. Let me know how the functions work on the real prime and i will make a better workaround.

I'll see if I can check these two function today and report back. After spending some time reading your introductory instructions, I'm really impressed by the scope of the work. The key mappings are pretty amazing. To provide some more useful feedback, I'll take an HP48 User Manual and start working through the chapters to exercise your emulator. I'll try and post stuff regularly as I go along.

You'll definitely need to post this to the Prime software forum when you think it's past the Alpha stage!
~Mark

05-23-2017, 07:31 PM
(05-22-2017 08:01 PM)ji3m Wrote:  Anothe fix . If then end failed. Now fixed. But not empty clauses are not yet e
Allowed. E.g. if 3 == then else 33 end will fail. Will update later.
Rpl22may17.txt is latest version.

This attachment iwas wrong. I have updated the attachment

Impressive! Once most of the bugs are out, I can stop carrying both the 50g and the Prime.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Hello,

Does anyone did already succeed to send it to a real hp prime ?
Can someone make a standard hp program that can be just droped into the ConKit to make it installed ?

Thank you,

primer
05-24-2017, 05:35 PM
(05-24-2017 04:05 PM)primer Wrote:  Hello,

Does anyone did already succeed to send it to a real hp prime ?
Can someone make a standard hp program that can be just droped into the ConKit to make it installed ?

Thank you,

I sent it to a real Prime. It works the same there as in the emulator as far as I can tell. Have you tried following the instructions to install it? It's quite easy to do. Even I managed to get it right the first time! Smile

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-24-2017, 07:12 PM
(05-23-2017 07:13 PM)mfleming Wrote:  
(05-22-2017 09:47 PM)ji3m Wrote:  There is another bug in PPL on the android version. The functions UPPER and LOWER for strings lose the first character. If the real prime or windows version dont have this error then my fix will fail. Let me know how the functions work on the real prime and i will make a better workaround.

I'll see if I can check these two function today and report back. After spending some time reading your introductory instructions, I'm really impressed by the scope of the work. The key mappings are pretty amazing. To provide some more useful feedback, I'll take an HP48 User Manual and start working through the chapters to exercise your emulator. I'll try and post stuff regularly as I go along.

You'll definitely need to post this to the Prime software forum when you think it's past the Alpha stage!
~Mark

Mark: with regard to HP48 user manual be aware that this is an RPL RPN simulation which uses the built in functions of the prime (CAS). It is structurally similar but has different names for many functions. It would be more useful to verify proper working of the cas functions I included. I am always suprised by the strange results especially when CAS evaluates things unexpectedly ( like when I copy a list).

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
05-24-2017, 11:54 PM
I take it for granted from your various posts that you rely on the underlying Prime functions rather than writing your own routines to match those in the HP48. I thought going through the Owners Manual would be a more disciplined approach to just banging on the keys to see what happens Smile At any rate, it would result in me trying all of the HP48 functions, skipping the unimplemented graphics commands.

Your post does raise a question though: Do you expect the Prime to be in CAS or Home mode when starting the simulator, or does it matter? At any rate, here's some feedback using the 22May2017 version of the software on the physical Prime using the Owners Manual, Chapter 1 for guidance.

*Functions UPPER and LOWER work correctly
*The ON key doesn't cancel a command line
*Shift-Clear clears the stack
* SHIFT-Sto with value and variable name on stack works. An alpha string entered without quotes is assumed to be a variable name if it doesn't match a command name (The HP48 wants single-quotes around a name; not necessary here, I think)
*Can press SHIFT-singlequotes key then a variable softkey to put the variable name in quotes for the purge command
*The various RPN examples and quoted arithmetic expression examples on pages 1-18 to 1-20 work
*Algebraic expressions are in exact format on the stack. The approx function (from D-key menu) or the a b/c key will convert to the decimal result
*In algebraic mode, the X-squared key returns what looks like 2-space-caret rather than caret-2. The key works fine in immediate mode
*The Define function (SHIFT-D) doesn't map to the HP48 DEF command

I've yet to go through all the function keys on the keypad, but I had no problems running through the introductory examples (other than HP48 functions with no Prime equivalent). I've worked a little bit with variables and directories, and will probably focus more on that next.

The code is still a bit fragile. I've seen mistakes do everything from bounce me into the debugger to resetting the Prime (fun!) More later...

~Mark

05-25-2017, 04:40 AM
(05-24-2017 11:54 PM)mfleming Wrote:  I take it for granted from your various posts that you rely on the underlying Prime functions rather than writing your own routines to match those in the HP48. I thought going through the Owners Manual would be a more disciplined approach to just banging on the keys to see what happens Smile At any rate, it would result in me trying all of the HP48 functions, skipping the unimplemented graphics commands.

<Your post does raise a question though: Do you expect the Prime to be in CAS or Home mode when starting the simulator, or does it matter? >

>>It doesnt matter at all. When I drop out of RPL i use both windows to help >>debugging. Other than this pgm I dont use the prime since it
>>doesnt have a sensible rpn mode. Just use my go48g+ for simple things.
>>I see i implemented some graphics ops but i can't remembet how they work.
>>Thats for another day.

At any rate, here's some feedback using the 22May2017 version of the software on the physical Prime using the Owners Manual, Chapter 1 for guidance.

*Functions UPPER and LOWER work correctly
>> Tim W. pointed out that the bug seems to be just in the Android version. I fixed >>myUpper and myLower to work regardless by detecting the error.

*The ON key doesn't cancel a command line
>>The ESC cancels command. ON breaks the simulation since
>> its a Prime meta key

*Shift-Clear clears the stack
>> As designed

* SHIFT-Sto with value and variable name on stack works. An alpha string entered without quotes is assumed to be a variable name if it doesn't match a command name (The HP48 wants single-quotes around a name; not necessary here, I think)

>> The 48 puts ticks on unbound ids. Here they arent necessary.
>> RED shift , variable stores to tos. BLUE shift var recalls it.

*Can press SHIFT-singlequotes key then a variable softkey to put the variable name in quotes for the purge command
>> This is the desired method to get a quoted id just likev48

*The various RPN examples and quoted arithmetic expression examples on pages 1-18 to 1-20 work
>>what doc?

*Algebraic expressions are in exact format on the stack. The approx function (from D-key menu) or the a b/c key will convert to the decimal result
>>and BLUE shift executes 'exact (tos)'

*In algebraic mode, the X-squared key returns what looks like 2-space-caret rather than caret-2. The key works fine in immediate mode

>>I was trying to fix this today. I thought i had a flag indicating
>>algebraic entry but i cant find it. So it works for rpn. But very mysteriously
>>If you type 'x 2^' then hit enter 'x^2' appears on the stack. Like magic.
>> All algebraics are kept internally in rpn format (hit the NUM key to see that).
>>The '...' form is just for viewing so 'x 2^' gets "fixed".

*The Define function (SHIFT-D) doesn't map to the HP48 DEF command
>> Many keys are not implemented. But define is unnecessary since the form
>> <| -> ... '...' |> 'nam' sto does the job.

I've yet to go through all the function keys on the keypad, but I had no problems running through the introductory examples (other than HP48 functions with no Prime equivalent). I've worked a little bit with variables and directories, and will probably focus more on that next.
>>I hate there is no "prev" key so i have to walk arod the directory.

The code is still a bit fragile. I've seen mistakes do everything from bounce me into the debugger to resetting the Prime (fun!) More later...

>> the error handling is poor since you get caught in error loops and have to
>> restart. Todays version is a lot better (see new attacment for 25may above)
>> The nasty errors occur in decompile for the stack display.
>> The cheap fix today was to drop the top stack element when i trap
>>an error. This has calmed things down quite a bit. Also switching display to intetnal >>mode (num key) stops the decompiler and associated errors.

On the "reseting the prime" issue there is no way my code can do
that. But its a large complex program and the prime itself is very unstable.
The android version crashes frequently no matter what im doing.

~Mark

I haven't done anthing with the code since last year but i'm remembering
a lot in the last few days.

Im not tying to reproduce the 48-50 with regard to specific functions but just to have a true rpn-algebraic cas with RPL style code. Most of the cas functions
can be user rpn or algebraic style except the ones with variable number of arguments.
Some can work with a list of args rpn style.

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
05-25-2017, 10:23 AM
How do you enter
->NUM

I looked through the docs but can't seem to find it.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
05-25-2017, 12:01 PM
(05-25-2017 10:23 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  How do you enter
->NUM

I looked through the docs but can't seem to find it.

Tom L

Blue Ans is ->num

You could also use a b/c key which is approx.
Blue a b/c invokes exact

Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
I can't get the RPL Emulator to run with the new 8 November Beta firmware. Is there a new RPL version that does run?

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-10-2017, 04:35 PM
(11-10-2017 10:39 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I can't get the RPL Emulator to run with the new 8 November Beta firmware. Is there a new RPL version that does run?

This is in the list to look at. Definitely should not be crashing no matter what.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-17-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 10:12 AM by toml_12953.)
I think I found the problem with RPL. When I try to check it, I get an error on lines with CHECK (n) in them.

I changed CHECK to Function.CHECK and the program seems to run. I haven't determined the purpose of CHECK in the program yet but at least it will run.

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-17-2017, 12:39 PM
OK, how do I put the « character in? When I click Shift-6 then choose 1, I get

NULL PROLOG

instead of the « character.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)