HP Prime Graphing Wireless Calculator
08-15-2017, 07:23 PM
HP Prime Graphing Wireless Calculator
Contemplating the purchase of a HP Prime Calculator, I checked the HP site (UK) to see the current state of play, and find that there are two variants listed:
HP Prime Graphing Calculator (G8X92AA)
HP Prime Graphing Wireless Calculator (G8X92A6)

only the former is priced, and on HPs US site only the latter is listed.
So, I came to this site to find the differences, but a search of these forums draws a blank.

My question is; is this a newly released variant? The calculator specification makes no mention of wireless connectivity, yet the name "Graphing Wireless Calculator" suggests that this is a prominent feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: HP Prime Graphing Wireless Calculator
Perhaps G8X92A6 version is a whole pack (10 units) for educational purposes?
08-15-2017, 10:43 PM
No, it actually has to do with the HP product system.

There was a first version of the Prime calculator (NWA...). It didn't support the wireless classroom dongle for various reasons. There was a second version with a slight internal change, but it couldn't just "replace" the old one. So a new number was made, and the "G8X.." scheme was now in use within HP.

Any G8X product number will mean that it is the same calculator. Any variant you see is just different language on the packing, and possible a different included quick start guide language.

No Prime calculator has "built in" wireless or communication capability without external add on dongles.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-15-2017, 11:33 PM
If you're getting a new Prime, I highly recommend getting the one with high contrast keypad.

The product number on the newer Prime is the same as the one with the older keypad so you have to be specific when you buy it.

I bought mine from Samson Cables. Chris has the newest Primes in stock.
I also saw a Prime at Best Buy which had the new keypad.

You can see the difference between the older and new keypad here:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-6674.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)