Social networks and calculator groups
12-12-2017, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 08:04 PM by pier4r.)
Social networks and calculator groups
I already did a post like this in the past but I will extend it here (when I'll have time).

It is interesting to note that to date there are at least 4 HP calculator groups on Facebook that are active , none about general calculators and none about TI calculators. (If one searches groups with the word "calculator")

If you know any active group about calculators on well known social networks, please share!

Facebook: (searching for "calculator")
HP calculator fan club
Real engineers use HP calculator
HP-41 Scientific calculator
HP 48SX Calculator Fan Club
HP Calculator SA

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Social networks and calculator groups
It's not terribly active, but the HP Calculators group on gplus is alive:

[Image: photo.jpg]
12-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Facebook 'Calculator Collector' group
(12-12-2017 07:03 AM)pier4r Wrote:  ..., none about general calculators and none about TI calculators. (If one searches groups with the word "calculator")

If you know any active group about calculators on well known social networks, please share!

There is a 'Calculator Collector' group on Facebook and I belong to that group as well as the 'HP Calculator Fan Club' group.

Alan
12-12-2017, 07:21 PM
(12-12-2017 07:03 AM)pier4r Wrote:  It is interesting to note that to date there are at least 4 HP calculator groups on Facebook that are active , none about general calculators and none about TI calculators. (If one searches groups with the word "calculator")

There's Programmable Calculators (Hewlett Packard Texas Instuments, Casio Sinclair) on facebook.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2017, 05:48 PM
linkedin: "HP RPN Calculator Users"

Once again I did not found any casio/TI searching for calculators.

12-13-2017, 07:27 PM
(12-13-2017 05:48 PM)pier4r Wrote:  linkedin: "HP RPN Calculator Users"

Once again I did not found any casio/TI searching for calculators.

You also found me... dammit! :D

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
12-13-2017, 07:53 PM
(12-13-2017 07:27 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  You also found me... dammit! Big Grin

Well was easy, your name is 1:1 there.

12-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Hungarian Calculator Group on Google Groups: LINK

I think the Hungarian not so big problem for you - we can speak English, you just solve the inverse problem Wink With a little suffering you can find really good posts there.

There was a "golden era" approx. 2-3 years ago, now just limited activity there, but you can find there few programs for 15C (like
SOLVE with Horner's method or
Euclid's algorithm (without MOD and only 8 steps with LBL and RTN),
SOLVE with indirect addressing for HP 12C (only 28 steps and you can specify which variable to solve without rewriting the equation - and fast as original 15C SOLVE),
numerical differential equation solvers for 12C with SOLVE (you can solve DiffEq for one parameter which is not the independent variable),
short discussions about how the ice is forming on lakes (with diffeq and solution),
why and how the car's windshield frozen but the temperature is above 0°C,
how you can calculate water boiling temperature if the pressure is changed - numerical solution of Clausius-Clapeyron equation (on CASIO fx-50F this is a short Euler method, fits easily into that small memory),
etc...
).

Just now the Christmas holiday is coming, I hope the activity will be rising - I'm planning a good measurement of my location on the Earth during the winter solstice, when the latitude easily measurable.

Currently I wrote a short First Fit packing algorithm for HP32SII, then ported to CASIO fx-4000P, during this holiday I will post it there and I have posted a short minimum-search algorithm for fx-4000P without differentiation.

We have some pdf's about 15C, which is available only Hungarian, but maybe you can find it useful.

So, there are some interesting stuff, please check and comment, we are really happy if anybody post into the Group - or just share our posts somewhere in the web.

Csaba
12-13-2017, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 09:12 PM by pier4r.)
Well yes I was thinking communities in English. I know the actual italian community (actually I should be a bit more active there, being a moderator. Damn me) but I did not post it. Furthermore I think that if we start to mention "national" communities, there will be a lot of french communities.

12-13-2017, 09:03 PM
(12-13-2017 08:44 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Well yes I was thinking communities in English. I know the actual italian community (actually I should be a bit more active there, being a moderator. Damn me) but I did not post it. Furthermore I think there will be a lot of french communities.

Italy: we are also here... (HP and TI)

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)