Custom View menu
12-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Custom View menu
Its possible to add custom views to an App using:

VIEW "text", function()

However, doing this overrides the default views. E.g. after adding a View function to the Statistics 2 Var app , the default views (split screen and Autoscale) are lost.
What I would like to do is add a custom view to the menu, but also retain the default views.
Is this possible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: Custom View menu
By redefining the View menu, the list of default views is replaced.
An alternative for Statistic 2 Var app would be to recreate your menu:
Code:
VIEW "Split Screen: Plot Detail", View1
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(8)
END;

VIEW "Autoscale", View2
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(10)
END;

VIEW "text", function()

But redefining the menu seen so far has the disadvantage of the language, it is not possible to vary the text, apparently HP PPL only allows a string after VIEW, if in the future it were possible to allow an operation after VIEW it would be like this:

Code:
VIEW STRINGFROMID(728), View1   //"Split Screen: Plot Detail"
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(8)
END;

VIEW STRINGFROMID(728), View2   //"Autoscale"
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(10)
END;

VIEW StringAppLanguage(Language), function()

This would be a great advance for multilanguage, although it is also possible to create an App for each Language as it is currently done.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2017, 09:08 AM
(12-12-2017 11:18 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  By redefining the View menu, the list of default views is replaced.
An alternative for Statistic 2 Var app would be to recreate your menu:
Code:
VIEW "Split Screen: Plot Detail", View1
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(8)
END;

VIEW "Autoscale", View2
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(10)
END;

VIEW "text", function()

But redefining the menu seen so far has the disadvantage of the language, it is not possible to vary the text, apparently HP PPL only allows a string after VIEW, if in the future it were possible to allow an operation after VIEW it would be like this:

Code:
VIEW STRINGFROMID(728), View1   //"Split Screen: Plot Detail"
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(8)
END;

VIEW STRINGFROMID(728), View2   //"Autoscale"
BEGIN
  STARTVIEW(10)
END;

VIEW StringAppLanguage(Language), function()

This would be a great advance for multilanguage, although it is also possible to create an App for each Language as it is currently done.

Thanks Carlos, that works, with one caveat. At least for the Statistics 2 Var app, STARTVIEW() doesnt seem to work using the published numbers 8 or 10 - I found STARTVIEW(9) invoked autoscale, and couldnt get Split Screen plot detail to work.
Im using the HW calc and the beta sw.
Not sure why this occurs.
12-13-2017, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 12:48 PM by dg1969.)
(12-12-2017 09:10 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  Its possible to add custom views to an App using:

VIEW "text", function()

However, doing this overrides the default views. E.g. after adding a View function to the Statistics 2 Var app , the default views (split screen and Autoscale) are lost.
What I would like to do is add a custom view to the menu, but also retain the default views.
Is this possible?

I agree,

If I create a custom application ( based on Function App or parametric ) I want most of the time to keep the default "view" options. The "view" key options, are useful for the adaptation of the plot... (but I'm also sometimes very happy to make them disappear by adding my own commands).

Sometimes the list of added "view" commands becomes too long. Moreover it is not possible to classify hierarchically...
In a perfect world it would be useful to be able to get a hierarchical first level of drop-down list at the first press of the view button to categorize the commands...
12-13-2017, 12:44 PM
I take this opportunity to ask a question. Who can highlight the use of the second optional argument y of the STARTVIEW (x, y) command?

Thanks
12-13-2017, 03:24 PM
(12-13-2017 09:08 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  Thanks Carlos, that works, with one caveat. At least for the Statistics 2 Var app, STARTVIEW() doesnt seem to work using the published numbers 8 or 10 - I found STARTVIEW(9) invoked autoscale, and couldnt get Split Screen plot detail to work.
Im using the HW calc and the beta sw.
Not sure why this occurs.

True!! STARTVIEW (8) is failing, works the same as STARTVIEW (6)

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2017, 04:14 PM
dg1969,
Y 1 = REDRAW
See Catalog, STARTVIEW -> Help

— Dirk Hartland

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)