Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available
10-02-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available
(10-01-2018 06:25 PM)compsystems Wrote:  +1

What differences or similarities does your application have with the symbulator (ti68k)?

Thanks for pointing out Symbulator. Never heard of it before. The main difference between it and EEC Solver is that Symbulator, as the name implies works both with symbols and quantities, so the answers it produces could be both numeric or a algebraic. That limits the scope of Symbulator to linear circuit only. EEC Solver works very much like other numeric simulators like SPICE. For that reason EECE Solver is not limited to linear circuit and it can solve non-linear circuits that include diodes, BJTs, and MOSFETS.

I think it should be possible to add the ability to work symbolically to EEC Solver as well. I tried to implement that functionality when I started programing it, but I didn't have much success communicating with the CAS system. Now that I have a lot more experience with the HP Prime, if anybody can point me in that direction (send a system of equations to the CAS system and getting an answer back) that would be very helpful.

The other big difference is how you enter the circuits in both simulators. Symbulator uses a 'netlist' (text) entry. EEC Solver includes a fully graphic circuit editor that not only it is used to enter the circuits but it is also used to display the results in the right places on the circuit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available - jesuscf - 10-02-2018 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)