for Dave Britten--get well soon
05-10-2014, 10:22 AM
RE: for Dave Britten--get well soon
(05-10-2014 07:56 AM)lemontea Wrote:  Here's wishing you a strong recovery Dave.

I had an operation a long time ago although I still remember aspects of it. Suffice to say, post-op I had stabbing pain that was so intense at times I could not even sleep no matter how tired I was. And there was a medical limit to the number of times the nurses could relieve me with a jab of the pain drugs.

I wrote a semi-private blog that I shared with friends (this was before the days of Twitter I think), including writing about the pain, and it was a good way to express myself and alleviate the burden.

So, I say, write on and share if you wish! You will have the opportunity to read back on your notes journal and chuckle.

Thanks for the support. I get pretty pissed off at my body when it isn't healing how I need it to despite following orders exactly, but I realize that happens to pretty much everybody with bowel problems. Yesterday was definitely one of those days, though I did pick up some nice Lotus tricks in the meantime, and streamlined transferring the PCA-pump trigger data I'm logging on my 48GX over to my 200LX. So I'm willing to call it a wash overall.

I probably won't make my wife find a Radio Shack and buy me parts to replace the manual-actuation button completely with a direct serial link to my 48, but I can only handle the same scenery for so long before I resort to that kind of thing to kill time (or potentially myself if I screw it up, but no guts no glory).

I'm CS, not med, but I'd be interested in figuring out how to determine/calculate hydromorphone levels in the blood stream based on dosage and metabolism. Then I could figure out the minimum theraputic level and have the 48 just put me on auto-pilot! It almost sounds like an irregular-cash-flow problem in my naive mind, but I imagine it's more complex than that. Right now I've settled for manually logging pain level, with automatically setting a 6-minute "Push the button again!" alarm.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: for Dave Britten--get well soon - Dave Britten - 05-10-2014 10:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)