[newRPL] interested in RPN mode?
11-23-2019, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2019 06:13 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: [newRPL] interested in RPN mode?
(11-22-2019 11:19 PM)jpcuzzourt Wrote:  
(11-22-2019 10:11 PM)JoJo1973 Wrote:  I think we'll just have to wait for Claudio to upload the code. When this happens, I'll be interested in your comments about the reformatted compile howto page: I cleaned it up a bit and reformatted it, but could have made some mistake with paths or filenames.

I'd like also to know if you find it clear and comprehensible!

Thanks!

(11-22-2019 10:41 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Usually these "unofficial" builds are not pushed to the Sourceforge repository until I'm sure of the stability and they undergo some more testing.
However, since you need it, I just did a push to sf for you. Go ahead and pull again.
Hopefully there's not too many bugs.

Thanks Claudio. It built a fresh new 1315 desktop version for me.
And JoJo, I think these are the same instructions I followed for the first time about a week or two ago, and I found them clear and helpful.

JP

EDIT: One thing that seems still-broken for me is the USB interface between the 39GS and newRPL-ui (64-bit Linux). Under version 1315, my 39GS does not appear in the USB device list.
I have followed the instructions for setting up udev rules and the "usbdevices" group. And I see the 39GS in lsusb output. Any tips or ideas that I can try at this point to troubleshoot?

Did you follow the wiki on USB permissions for Linux? newRPL Desktop will not see the USB device unless the user it runs under has permission to read/write the USB device. If you did, make sure you spelled the group name consistently, on one of my machines I had created the group usbdevices, then added my user to usbdevice (no s). Took me a while to figure it out.
EDIT: Maybe it helps to note I'm using KUbuntu 19.04 on my main dev systems, 2 different setups and both work well, so if there's one build that's well tested is Linux 64-bit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [newRPL] interested in RPN mode? - Claudio L. - 11-23-2019 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)