Why so few 15C/11C application and program books?
05-27-2020, 12:38 AM
RE: Why so few 15C/11C application and program books?
(05-26-2020 09:07 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(05-26-2020 08:16 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  Hi,

The EduCALC index shows a small handful of items:

"An Easy Course in Programming the HP-11C and HP-15C" by Wadman and Coffin (catalogs 23 thru 52)
"ENTER" (translated from the French) by Jean-Daniel Dodin (catalogs 23 thru 59)
"Substantial Programs for the HP-11C and 15C" by Thomas Beers (catalogs 35 thtru 47)

Jake

That last one certainly has me intrigued. I wonder if there are surviving copies out there somewhere.

I've looked for that book for years with no luck. It seems it has not been listed on eBay for 10+ years, though it's possible I missed it; maybe it was not a good seller and few copies remain? Most advanced users at the time gravitated naturally to the 41C, where there was always a plethora of both HP and 3rd-party Books, Solutions Books, Guides, etc.

Thomas Beers was a University Professor at the time, and his son Ted worked for HP, Corvallis in the customer support area. They published several programs together in the HP User's Library and also published "OS-41" a vast collection of 41 Programs with all kinds of utilities, productivity programs, etc. It supposedly had an excellent manual, but I never saw one of those either.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why so few 15C/11C application and program books? - rprosperi - 05-27-2020 12:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)