integral competition HP50g vs. DM42
08-23-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: integral competition HP50g vs. DM42
Hello all,

after trying to persuade my hp50g to integrate complex functions in general (that machine has the tools for that: first working with complex numbers and the two mighty MATCH commands). I'm a little bit disapointed about my own skills, because if the integration path isn't a closed curve, the resulting value depends on the curve you choose. Here in our example it is easy because the "curve" is all along the real x-axis (tribute to jimi hendrix, because when iI wrote "all along" my mind tried to set "the watchtower").

If somebody tries to implement a general command for integrating complex functions, that command needs a second input which describes the curve.
Of course it is possible as first steps to implement a) "curves" along the real axis, or b) closed curves, because in that two cases it is easier. Nevertheless that is a nice challenge.

@Albert Chan, do you know how this is implemented in XCAS? So, I don't have to invent the wheel a second time and maybe it is possible for me to translate it in code for the HP50g.

@stevetuc, I don't understand your code, although I'm familiar with RPN, for example what does "ZGHF" mean.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: integral competition HP50g vs. DM42 - peacecalc - 08-23-2020 08:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)