FRAM71 : Threads, Articles, Presentations, Manuals, etc.
02-08-2021, 08:48 AM
RE: FRAM71 : Threads, Articles, Presentations, Manuals, etc.
(02-08-2021 05:04 AM)dmh Wrote:  
(01-16-2021 02:53 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  Anyway, the best solution is to find a module 1B, they are quite common and not too expensive, and this avoids the problems of some modules 1A with the PIL-Box (these problems come from electric/firmware differences of some modules 1A, not from the ROM version).

Looks like I have a 1A IL module (based on the serial number, just arrived and haven't plugged in as yet) so could you please expand on what the issue is and how I can workaround it? Can I use the FRAM71B to do this? I don't want to make any electrical modifications.

Will the PIL Box work at all or what doesn't work (I just checked your website and it mentions a different firmware version for the PIL Box but doesn't go into detail on the issue).

The issue of some (not all) HP-IL modules 1A is described in this document. A fix for a simple HP-71B / PIL-Box configuration can be enabled with a jumper inside the PIL-Box.

Note that, as I mentioned above, the problem can not be solved by overriding the HP-IL ROM with the ROM 1B using the FRAM71.

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FRAM71 : Threads, Articles, Presentations, Manuals, etc. - J-F Garnier - 02-08-2021 08:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)