I will not post any emulator related postings any more
09-23-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more
"General Forum", "HP Prime", and "Not quite HP Calculators - but related" could probably all be combined into a single forum with no problems because none of them get an excess amount of traffic. But they are split up now, with clear delineations of what is allowed in each, so those are the rules we should follow unless they are changed. Unfortunately, in the past, the part about emulator topics going in the "Not quite..." forum was often ignored and also not very much enforced, making it so there are a lot of those topics in this forum, so it is understandable for one to post about them here.

On the other hand, when a thread is moved a link stays in the original forum indefinitely to the moved thread in the new forum. This is useful at first but would be nice if those would expire after some days/weeks so they don't continue to pollute the forum indefinitely; at that point the thread might as well just stay where it originally was.

All that said, if you post about emulators in the "Not quite..." forum it is probably more likely to be seen, because there are a lot fewer threads in there and seemingly more relative views per thread since they don't disappear off the first page anywhere near as quickly. And because the link remains in the original forum, it's now visible in two places. So I'm not really seeing a good reason to complain about a thread being moved there; honestly it seems better for the author to have a thread moved than for it to stay in one place!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will not post any emulator related postings any more - Eric Rechlin - 09-23-2021 05:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)