Calculator graphics drawing benchmark
01-29-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Calculator graphics drawing benchmark
(01-29-2022 06:08 PM)robve Wrote:  I don't closely follow the logic of the second version, but from your explanation and by perusing the code it appears to place a dashed line in some PICT memory (like a sprite?) to redraw copies of it at random offsets? Don't want to be a PitA, but sprite drawing is different and isn't benchmarked.

Not a problem, I thought it could be out-of-scope so that's why I asked. Your mention of using dashed lines was what made me think the alternate approach might be acceptable. I've removed those examples and left the User- and System-RPL ones for the looped-LINE commands as they were, since those are comparable to the other posts.

PICT is the designated drawing area for User RPL drawing commands, so it's entirely appropriate for use here.

The method I used in the (now removed) examples was:
  1. draw a single row in the defined way (repeated LINE commands)
  2. extract that row as a User RPL GROB (GRaphics OBject)
  3. draw a single column in the defined way (repeated LINE commands)
  4. extract that column as a GROB
  5. clear the drawing area
  6. draw the horizontal lines (GROBs) with random offset at the specified intervals
  7. draw the vertical lines (GROBs) with random offset at the specified intervals

I suspect a similar approach could be used with other platforms, of course, and might make sense for a separate benchmark. That method isn't special to the 50g in any way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calculator graphics drawing benchmark - DavidM - 01-29-2022 09:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)