Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
02-23-2022, 02:34 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(02-23-2022 02:16 PM)Marco Polo Wrote:  
(02-23-2022 12:47 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  New update:

1. 2D plotting.
2. LINE function. Draws a straight line between two points, provided either as four real numbers or as two complex numbers, using the same coordinate convention as PIXEL.
3. In the equation editor, functions without parameters can now be evaluated by pressing CALC.
4. Printing amortization tables is now interruptible.

Thank you for your work, outstanding indeed.
I have Plus42 on my work laptop and mobile phone :-)

Neverthless, i am becoming a little perplexed.
Plus42 is becoming to be very similar to a 48sx: algebraic equations, folders, an excellent solver, infinite stack with RPL behaviour, UOM management and now even graphs.

I am asking myself what is the real target of you project: a supercharged 42s/Free42 with part of 48sx capability? a 48sx with RPN and a different solver?

Considering that no hardware version of Plus42 is foreseen at present, what is the advantage of Plus42 over an emulated 48sx, eventually with HP41E or other free (or paid) RPN emulators?

Not a criticism, just need to understand.

Cheers
Marco Polo
I think Plus42 has a lot of value over a 48:
-Classic 4-stack RPN, both direct mode and programming, with its sheer simplicity compared to the unecessarily complex RPL;
-Powerful equation language à la 17B/27S. The 48 has equations too, but way less flexible. Especially, no L() and G();
-Simplicity: only one shift key, all the 42S normal usage is preserved, no clumsy symbolics...
-And, if you want, compacity. You are not forced to use the big screen, you can still keep the 2 original rows and do away with graphics...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - Vincent Weber - 02-23-2022 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)