Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
04-09-2022, 05:52 AM
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that?
(04-09-2022 02:24 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-08-2022 06:12 PM)vaklaff Wrote:  The irony! My collection is very small but nearly complete. I mean I have almost everything I wanted - except this rare “mini-fortran” Sharp. And my hopes aren’t high. And of course, someone has to show me his :-)

Please tell us more about why you refer to this machine as 'mini-fotran', it sounds intriguing.

Just hearsay. From Viktor Toth: It is described as programmable in "mini-FORTRAN", which is really just keystroke programming with some program control statements that were obviously inspired by the FORTRAN language. Loops are entered using DO and CNT (for continue); even the raise-to-the-power function is denoted using the double star, **, in true FORTRAN tradition.

Also e.g. this benchmark mentions "Mini Fortran".

As for the size, again from Viktor: 9"×5"×1½". And this great article (unfortunately without its autor's name) not only mentions FORTRAN too (Sharp likens the programming language to a stripped-down FORTRAN) but also shows a picture of a PC-13000s next to two HPs. If you, by any chance, have ever seen a Voyager in real life then you can get the idea of the Sharp's size :-)

Yeah, the manual - or at least scans of the programming part - would be useful but I haven't found any...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collecting for fun - striegel - 04-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Poor quality, he says! - striegel - 04-08-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: Presenting your collection of non HP calculators, is anyone interested of that? - vaklaff - 04-09-2022 05:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)