Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
06-11-2022, 10:24 PM
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
(06-11-2022 09:17 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(06-11-2022 07:54 PM)johanw Wrote:  The Signal developers always complain it takes days for a beta version to become available, but they do a staged rollout which seems to slow down things considerable.

I'm sure it does, but if you have a lot of users, as I'm sure they do, you really want a staged rollout, so a buggy update doesn't cause everyone on the planet to try to contact your tech support all at once.

I remember that time they changed the manual reset session in case of errors option from manual activation to automatic. And then their own app started ddossing their servers. In the weekend of course.

In that case a staged rollout is a good thing.

Quote:With the number of users I have, rolling out to everyone at the same time isn't much of a risk, and it does make for happier users, so that works better for me.

I saw on Google Play it says 100+ users. The next step is 500 so there are only between 100 and 500 sales (Free42 has 100k+ downloads, I guess you are your own competitor here), I don't have the iOS numbers but I hope you don't have to live from this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - johanw - 06-11-2022 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)